General Questions

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by underdog, Sep 25, 2002.

1. underdog

underdog New Member

Thanks for reading my post. I am a 3rd year osteopathic student interested in Anesthesiology, and I have a couple of questions that I am hoping to get some input on.

1)How competetive do you forsee anesthesiology becoming? I know that there is not an absolute definitive way of answering this question, but any intelligent input and opinions will be appreciated. I ask about this because I am ranked near the bottom of my class and unfortunately my comlex step 1 board scores reflect it.

2)How do you go about applying for an anesthesiology residency. I see that it takes 4 years to complete, but some programs start at PGY2. Do those programs require students to apply after their intern year, or do they accept students a year in advance.

3)Do you think that it is necessary for osteopathic students interested in matching to Anesthesiology to take the usmle?

4)Do you think that taking step 2 early and doing decent will help program directors look past step1?

5)Can you recommend any other forums for the discussion of anesthesiology?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.