General Surgery Written Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TBS

long-term cutter
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recomendations on how to study for this? I have been told SESAP by some, ABSITE Review resources by others. How do the questions compare to the ABSITE?

Thanks, TBS

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any recomendations on how to study for this? I have been told SESAP by some, ABSITE Review resources by others. How do the questions compare to the ABSITE?

Thanks, TBS
I personally found SESAP and the Osler course combination worked best for me.

JAD

Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't graduated from GSurge yet and are in your final/chief year try this:

1. take osler course at beginning of year
2. do SESAP back and forth during chief year
3. use Osler syllabus during year to review and or guide your study (it also gives you framework to discuss with attendings)
4. re-take Osler before exam after graduation.

I have trouble sitting and reading and studying. I need spoon feeding. The repeat Osler will be IDENTICAL to when you took first time, you may be tempted to skip and feel it is a waste. Don't short change yourself. I found taking second time help me really iron out and cement some issues .... This is what attending advised me during residency.

If you haven't graduated from GSurge yet and are in your final/chief year try this:

1. take osler course at beginning of year
2. do SESAP back and forth during chief year
3. use Osler syllabus during year to review and or guide your study (it also gives you framework to discuss with attendings)
4. re-take Osler before exam after graduation.

I have trouble sitting and reading and studying. I need spoon feeding. The repeat Osler will be IDENTICAL to when you took first time, you may be tempted to skip and feel it is a waste. Don't short change yourself. I found taking second time help me really iron out and cement some issues .... This is what attending advised me during residency.

Plus you got to sit next to two pretty girls!:D

Plus you got to sit next to two pretty girls!:D
Why would nursing students take the osler course?
So, I must reply....
1. I think WS was almost correct.... But, I must use the correct vernacular. The ladies I got to sit next to each time I went to Osler, everyday of the courses.... were not pretty girls, they were hot ladies:smuggrin:
I honestly like to think the privilege was mine... and I passed my boards!!!
2. Never saw the nursing students. But, they would probably be to young for my interest.... I prefer the more sophisticated GSurge ladies:eek:

Last edited: