General Urology Jobs in large metros

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loststick

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a resident at at a small-medium size program who is thinking about general urology practice. I like general urology and can't see myself focusing on a sub-specialty but I also want to practice in a large metropolitan area (NY, LA, Chicago, etc.). Most likely in a suburb of one of those. I know general urology jobs are plentiful nationwide but wanted to poll the crowd about the need for fellowship training to practice general urology in the areas I am thinking about.

Members don't see this ad.

Discussed in other threads but there are openings in those cities and most other ones you can think of.

Look at the AUA career center/job board, and remember for every posting there there are a couple that fill through recruiters or word of mouth.

I see general urology jobs in LA, SF, San Jose, Chicago, NYC, you name it.

Now compared to the job in smaller cities you may have trade offs. These jobs may have more applicants so they can offer lower salary, more call, etc based on the characteristics of the individual job. Or they may not. But the jobs are there.