Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,
I'm a third year medical student who will match into EM. I'm going to see a counselor and probably take SSRIs for depression and anxiety. My psych illness doesn't show in patient care, and my evals have been decent at my institution. I work well under pressure and leave most of my anxiety issues at home.
I know most boards ask questions like "have you ever been treated for mental illness" Polfliet, S. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 36:369 –74, 2008
I doubt this will be grounds for not giving me a license. But, will it hurt my chances at applying for residency or getting a job? Could this come up in lawsuits?
I'm a third year medical student who will match into EM. I'm going to see a counselor and probably take SSRIs for depression and anxiety. My psych illness doesn't show in patient care, and my evals have been decent at my institution. I work well under pressure and leave most of my anxiety issues at home.
I know most boards ask questions like "have you ever been treated for mental illness" Polfliet, S. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 36:369 –74, 2008
I doubt this will be grounds for not giving me a license. But, will it hurt my chances at applying for residency or getting a job? Could this come up in lawsuits?