generic risperdal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychintern2006

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Major cost cutter !

Dont know when it was launched- no wonder have not heard from the Rep.

Members don't see this ad.

I am surprised that your "Risperdalwoman" has not metamorphosed into "Invegawoman", and your pens/mugs haven't changed from red to orange because apparently- "Orange is the new black.":rolleyes:

What a coincidence that that new Invega drug came out just before risperidone became available as a generic! Isn't it neato? :D

:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
What a coincidence that that new Invega drug came out just before risperidone became available as a generic! Isn't it neato? :D

:rolleyes:

Tricky people hmm

Invega sounded funny, the rep said pts. can't crush it, it will pass undissolved in the stools ! Kind of gross :confused:

Tricky people hmm

Invega sounded funny, the rep said pts. can't crush it, it will pass undissolved in the stools ! Kind of gross :confused:

There's a super hi-tech fancy space age capsule thing that passes in the stool.

How will patients know it's not a camera...?

OROS delivery system. Be sure to tell patients to take it with some water.

I find it has better efficacy that way.

I've had pretty decent success with Invega. Multiple complaints about constipation, though...more than what I experience with my risperdal patients.

I love how people want to demonize the rich major drug companies and reduce patent time so that the 'little man' drug companies (Mylan, anyone?) can get generics to the poor people of the world faster. It costs the original manufacturer (let's say Janssen in this case) millions of dollars to fend off patent-infringement generics PRIOR to the patent expiration, with hopes that the original company will do the research and find that the cost of defending the enforcement of the drug patent in court will cost more than allowing a generic to hit the streets early.

Reducing drug patent times really only delay new drug development, and reduce monies into new drug research.

My only point is that new residents should not jump on the 'cool' bandwagon of hating anything that comes off a major drug manufacturer assembly line simply because it's the lemming physician thing to do. Are drug companies always ethical and forthcoming with information? Of course not. That's why it's your job to read the research, get experience with the medications, and make your own informed decisions.

I find that people that visciously villify a person, concept or entity, particularly within a mob or group-think mentality, often have a true paucity of information or are simply intimidated by the subject matter.

You don't have to drink the Cool-Aid. Think for yourself.

P.S. Mylan (the soon-to-be major maker of generic risperdal) made 1.26 billion in 2006. Power to the people!