Genetic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glycogen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know what is the concept and how do we calculate these type of problems?
I do have the answer to this but I'm sure whether is right or wrong!
And there is a very similar Q on DAT ample test on ada site.Please come up with explanation.Thanks and here is the Q:

Assuming that linkage does not occur how many type of gametes can be produced from an organism with genotype AaBbCcdd?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know what is the concept and how do we calculate these type of problems?
And there is a very similar Q on DAT ample test on ada site.Please come up with explanation.Thanks and here is the Q:

Assuming that linkage does not occur how many type of gametes can be produced from an organism with genotype AaBbCcdd?

Hey glyco, i came across questions like this many times...iam pretty sure what you do is you count the probability for every genotype...Heterozygotes are 2 and homozygotes are 1...so you have 3 heterozygotes and 1 homozygous (dd)...so you multiply 2x2x2x1=8

Hey glyco, i came across questions like this many times...iam pretty sure what you do is you count the probability for every genotype...Heterozygotes are 2 and homozygotes are 1...so you have 3 heterozygotes and 1 homozygous (dd)...so you multiply 2x2x2x1=8

Thank you osims and so the answer is 8 which seems to be right.Though, they have it in this format--> 2^3=8 !

use the formulate 2^n where n=number of heterozygote genes
so it would be 2^3=8

Members don't see this ad :)
yea sorry i suck at math so i just like multiplying out the numbers, but yea either way your counting only the heterozygotes