Genetics dilemma

Started by monirp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

monirp

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I want to give you all a brief description of my current academic status and I like some feedback regarding a class I've taken. I will complete my bachelor's degree in biology this upcoming Spring quarter 2013. The class I am referring to is genetics and I received a low but passing grade. The grade that I received for this class did drop my GPA but I pulled my GPA back up. I understand that this is an important class. If I leave my transcript as is, will it hurt my chances to get into medical school? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
 
Hello,
I want to give you all a brief description of my current academic status and I like some feedback regarding a class I've taken. I will complete my bachelor's degree in biology this upcoming Spring quarter 2013. The class I am referring to is genetics and I received a low but passing grade. The grade that I received for this class did drop my GPA but I pulled my GPA back up. I understand that this is an important class. If I leave my transcript as is, will it hurt my chances to get into medical school? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

6/10 until i saw that you were pre-dental
8/10.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dunno much about dental school, but if you can retake it and have it replace the other grade, definitely do it. If you can retake it and get it averaged with the other, definitely do it.
Honestly though, if you have done well since then in other science classes I don't think it will be too horrible. You may be asked about it, but either way I think you should definitely retake it.