George Bush’s former doctor shot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOL there is always a positive side to everything.

The positive side of never being remembered is that anes will probably be less likely targeted in situations like this.

One of the perks of always doing right by the patient is that I could potentially look this guys eyes and say, i did absolutely right by your loved one and you'd be crazy to kill me. But there is no telling this guy isn't crazy, he looks to have crazy eyes.

LOL there is always a positive side to everything.

The positive side of never being remembered is that anes will probably be less likely targeted in situations like this.

One of the perks of always doing right by the patient is that I could potentially look this guys eyes and say, i did absolutely right by your loved one and you'd be crazy to kill me. But there is no telling this guy isn't crazy, he looks to have crazy eyes.

20 years is a helluva grudge.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly we need to have metal detectors in hospitals and schools with every entrance and exit manned by armed guards.
The courthouses and government buildings have them. Why shouldn’t we? Have you guys ever thought about how many entries and exits there are in a hospital?
This country is getting crazy with the gun situations. This happens not infrequently. Guess healthcare workers and children and teachers lives matter less than government workers lives.

Honestly we need to have metal detectors in hospitals and schools with every entrance and exit manned by armed guards.
The courthouses and government buildings have them. Why shouldn’t we? Have you guys ever thought about how many entries and exits there are in a hospital?
This country is getting crazy with the gun situations. This happens not infrequently. Guess healthcare workers and children and teachers lives matter less than government workers lives.
Minus 1000. That would be the typical dumb knee-jerk over-reaction that has poisoned our lives since 9/11.

Reactions: 2 users
Minus 1000. That would be the typical dumb knee-jerk over-reaction that has poisoned our lives since 9/11.

Nah, I don't think it's dumb, or knee jerk or an over reaction at all. I guess you don't watch the same news I do. Since we aren't banning guns, we can at least try to prevent them from entering certain spaces and hurting people.

Why do government buildings have metal detectors? Do their lives matter more than other people's?

Let's agree to disagree, because sometimes you don't seem to get other people's differing opinions without insulting them.

This happened on the street, not inside any building. Are you going to have armed guards just standing around outside? That’s how it is in Venezuela and Colombia.

It was a hit job, suspect offer himself yesterday and apparently had others on shot list.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah, I don't think it's dumb, or knee jerk or an over reaction at all. I guess you don't watch the same news I do. Since we aren't banning guns, we can at least try to prevent them from entering certain spaces and hurting people.

Why do government buildings have metal detectors? Do their lives matter more than other people's?

Let's agree to disagree, because sometimes you don't seem to get other people's differing opinions without insulting them.
Government buildings have metal detectors because those places have been attacked before. The risk is much-much lower for hospitals. And it's not just metal detectors (which are OK), it's also scanning one's personal items. It only begins with a metal detector, but it ends with a uniformed drone at every corner, like when the *****s brought police into schools and made schoolchildren into felons.

Yeah, I don't watch news and tend to avoid brainwash. I try to look at FACTS, as in real numbers, probabilities, not mass hysteria. I don't believe that preventing a few deaths is worth giving up liberties. The liberties in this country have been going downhill for 20 years, and you are asking for even fewer. That's DUMB. We would save many more lives just by suspending the licenses of the 10% of Americans who suck at driving.

I can't respect authoritarians. Most of them are just friggin' dumb simpletons who think in a knee-jerk fashion. "Four legs good, too legs bad". You know if you are one of them, or not. I didn't insult you, I insulted the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Government buildings have metal detectors because those places have been attacked before. The risk is much-much lower for hospitals. And it's not just metal detectors (which are OK), it's also scanning one's personal items. It only begins with a metal detector, but it ends with a uniformed drone at every corner, like when the *****s brought police into schools and made schoolchildren into felons.

Yeah, I don't watch news and tend to avoid brainwash. I try to look at FACTS, as in real numbers, probabilities, not mass hysteria. I don't believe that preventing a few deaths is worth giving up liberties. The liberties in this country have been going downhill for 20 years, and you are asking for even fewer. That's DUMB. We would save many more lives just by suspending the licenses of the 10% of Americans who suck at driving.

I can't respect authoritarians. Most of them are just friggin' dumb simpletons who think in a knee-jerk fashion. "Four legs good, too legs bad". You know if you are one of them, or not. I didn't insult you, I insulted the idea.

Geez, do you know what "agree to disagree" means?
Do you have to keep it going because you are smarter and more experienced than everyone and you know every damn thing? I disagree with you but I don't call you or your ideas DUMB!!

Why are you so damn angry and such an ass hole?

And by the way, I went to High school where we had school cops and I never felt like I was treated like a felon. The cop treated us like what we were. Kids. And this was before Columbine. It was a normal everyday thing for us and this was not in an inner city school. Yeah, we need more cops protecting students and in my opinion, too many lose canons running around threatening healthcare workers so maybe we need metal detectors too.

@AdmiralChz, I was referring to the article about the Boston doctor who was shot inside the hospital. This has happened in my town too.

Geez, do you know what "agree to disagree" means?
Do you have to keep it going because you are smarter and more experienced than everyone and you know every damn thing? I disagree with you but I don't call you or your ideas DUMB!!

Why are you so damn angry and such an ass hole?
I have dumb ideas, too, plenty of them. Hopefully I will be smart enough to change them, as I see them proved wrong. And I don't think I insulted YOU personally. I tried not to.

You may not believe it, but people who grew up in an authoritarian society are probably much better equipped to judging what's a bad idea for societal freedoms. It's called speaking from experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
And by the way, I went to High school where we had school cops and I never felt like I was treated like a felon. The cop treated us like what we were. Kids. And this was before Columbine. It was a normal everyday thing for us and this was not in an inner city school. Yeah, we need more cops protecting students and in my opinion, too many lose canons running around threatening healthcare workers so maybe we need metal detectors too.

@AdmiralChz, I was referring to the article about the Boston doctor who was shot inside the hospital. This has happened in my town too.
You mean the cops who HANDCUFF children for being children or make them into felons? Yeah, please show me another normal country that does that. In a society where one gets fined, if not prosecuted, for letting one's child walk to school or take a regular bus, people don't even remember what normal means anymore. That's the result of decades of giving up liberties for promises and illusions of security. Have certain events been avoided because of preventive measures, or just because those events were so rare in the first place?

But I'm just a guest in this country, as the Trump people keep reminding me, so I'll just shut up.

Nah, I don't think it's dumb, or knee jerk or an over reaction at all. I guess you don't watch the same news I do.
Violent crime peaked in the late 80s and is now a little less than half what it was at it's peak.

On the other hand the percentage of a givem news program devoted to violent crime has dramatically increased vs the late 80s, and has been incieasing steadily since news broadcasts began.

This gives the false impression that violent crime is a crisis, rather than being the best it's ever been since the FBI started keeping records.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
No way would I want security checkpoints to get into a hospital. That would mean an extra 10 minutes a day and almost an extra hour per week at the hospital. No thanks.

Having armed or trained security available in a busy urban ER makes sense, but not general security checkpoints and armed guards. That’s almost as bad an idea as arming kindergarten teachers.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -Ben Franklin

Would be interesting to hear what ole Ben Franklin would say about the TSA and its likes.

You mean the cops who HANDCUFF children for being children or make them into felons? Yeah, please show me another normal country that does that. In a society where one gets fined, if not prosecuted, for letting one's child walk to school or take a regular bus, people don't even remember what normal means anymore. That's the result of decades of giving up liberties for promises and illusions of security. Have certain events been avoided because of preventive measures, or just because those events were so rare in the first place?

But I'm just a guest in this country, as the Trump people keep reminding me, so I'll just shut up.

How are the police "making children into felons" at the schools? If you are equating that to Making them into felons, yeah, that sucks and isn't right. But not quite the same thing. Making them into felons as in giving them a criminal record because they did something illegal?

How are the police "making children into felons" at the schools? If you are equating that to Making them into felons, yeah, that sucks and isn't right. But not quite the same thing. Making them into felons as in giving them a criminal record because they did something illegal?
Yes. Or any other record, for something that would require just a slap on the wrist in a (children-)loving society. Children are not little adults, and should not be treated (including punished) as such.

Let's not mention prosecuting children as adults, which is another authoritarian brainfart that doesn't exist elsewhere.

Well that happens outside of schools probably much more than in schools. How do you propose we fix that then?
The school police were there to protect us from each other as in breaking up fights and keeping the teachers from being mistreated. These days they could certainly be used to protect other kids from the ones who want to mass shoot them.
Yes. Or any other record, for something that would require just a slap on the wrist in a (children-)loving society. Children are not little adults, and should not be treated (including punished) as such.

Let's not mention prosecuting children as adults, which is another authoritarian brainfart that doesn't exist elsewhere.
ll

Well that happens outside of schools probably much more than in schools. How do you propose we fix that then?
The school police were there to protect us from each other as in breaking up fights and keeping the teachers from being mistreated. These days they could certainly be used to protect other kids from the ones who want to mass shoot them.
Hire private security, not lawmen. As in hospitals.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -Ben Franklin

Would be interesting to hear what ole Ben Franklin would say about the TSA and its likes.

The context of that quote is pretty interesting. The Pennsylvania legislature was trying to levy a tax on the Penn family to provide funds for defense during the French and Indian war. The Penns wanted to buy off the legislature with a one time lump sum. Franklin thought this one time offer (a little temporary safety) was an affront to legislative power, so in reality that quote is actually a strong defense of government taxation and central defense spending.