George Mason ABS or VCU post bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

demolitionlvr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to both Post bacc programs and I am pursuing the career in dentistry.

Money wise the programs are about the same.
I know Mason's program is younger than VCU, however, I heard from a past student that Mason really offers a lot of support for the students.

I like the fact that VCU offers a continuing masters program whereas Mason does not.

There are about equal pros and cons to this and I was wondering what you all thought.

Members don't see this ad.

I also got into the ABS program and I'm also pre-dent! If you look around on their website (it's practically hidden, I only found it once and can't find it again but I promise it's written somewhere!!) ABS students are allowed to take 10 extra credit hours at Georgetown after completing the ABS program (most students do so during the summer) and you get a master's in physiology from Georgetown. I emailed the program coordinator to confirm and she said as long as you have a 3.0 in the ABS program, you are eligible for the masters. I also asked to make sure pre-dents were allowed to and she said it's open to anyone in the ABS program. From what I've heard Georgetown is a great school so that's what pretty much sold me on this program.

I also got into the ABS program and I'm also pre-dent! If you look around on their website (it's practically hidden, I only found it once and can't find it again but I promise it's written somewhere!!) ABS students are allowed to take 10 extra credit hours at Georgetown after completing the ABS program (most students do so during the summer) and you get a master's in physiology from Georgetown. I emailed the program coordinator to confirm and she said as long as you have a 3.0 in the ABS program, you are eligible for the masters. I also asked to make sure pre-dents were allowed to and she said it's open to anyone in the ABS program. From what I've heard Georgetown is a great school so that's what pretty much sold me on this program.

WHOA nice :D!

Well for me, VCU dental offers an interview if you do well in the post bacc program too..
ABS is also curved whereas Mason is not..

I'm really half half on these schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
_

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any threads about the Mason program? I'm applying there and VCU

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile

I did the ABS program and it was amazing! Very challenging but the support is EXCELLENT. You really do learn a lot and they are very focused on ensuring you do well as a student. The courses are not easy but you have great instructors and support. Definitely should give it a try! The only downside of the program is that its in Manassas :-(.

I have a cGPA of 2.9 and a sGPA of 2.7 and I just took my GRE and got a 147 on QR and 145 of VR, any chance they'll accept me in any of these programs?

Last edited:
I did the ABS program and it was amazing! Very challenging but the support is EXCELLENT. You really do learn a lot and they are very focused on ensuring you do well as a student. The courses are not easy but you have great instructors and support. Definitely should give it a try! The only downside of the program is that its in Manassas :-(.

I was looking into this program. I heard from a friend that the lectures were online/ video format (?). I could be completely wrong. I was wondering if you could give me some insight on what the class is like and the schedule of the program. If I get in, I was hoping to commute from home.