George Washington University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdab28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just wondering if anyone else has an interview with George Washington University scheduled for January 8th? I'm looking forward to the DC trip (my first time exploring the city) and would love to know if anyone else will be there! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Where are you visiting DC from? I'm really looking forward to seeing everything - GWU seems to be a great program!
I'm visiting from NC! I'm excited... I love DC. I'm only concerned about the cost of living because DC is way more expensive than any of the other programs I applied to!

Where are you coming in from??

I'm visiting from NC! I'm excited... I love DC. I'm only concerned about the cost of living because DC is way more expensive than any of the other programs I applied to!

Where are you coming in from??

I'm coming from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I'm going to have an interesting time dealing with the temperatures haha! Where else are you applying? Do you have any top programs you're interested in?

Congratulations on interviews! For those who have received interview invites, would you mind sharing the timeline of how soon you received it after you submitted your application? Thank you!

I'm coming from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I'm going to have an interesting time dealing with the temperatures haha! Where else are you applying? Do you have any top programs you're interested in?
I'm interested in a few schools in North Carolina and Virginia.. but none of my interviews are until January. I think I would be happy anywhere I get in honestly!

Congratulations on interviews! For those who have received interview invites, would you mind sharing the timeline of how soon you received it after you submitted your application? Thank you!
I heard back at the very beginning of November. My application was verified by PTCAS on September 10, and i finished my GWU supplement on September 26. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I submitted to GWU specifically in late October/early November and then had an invite to an interview on November 20th for January 8th.

I'm interested in a few schools in North Carolina and Virginia.. but none of my interviews are until January. I think I would be happy anywhere I get in honestly!

Yeah, I'd be happy at quite a few places haha! Best of luck - it's all so exciting but nerve-wracking!

Went to their first interview session here! Was great experience, no one stress out about it at all! For anyone who is worried they do a total of 4 interview session, so if you haven't heard don't worry! Some current students there said they didn't hear until very late!

Anyone know when they'll let people know who were at the interviews on 12/5 the results of their interviews? I never recieved a clear answer?

Anyone know when they'll let people know who were at the interviews on 12/5 the results of their interviews? I never recieved a clear answer?

I got an e-mail from them today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Application verified: 12/04
GW received: 12/14
Interview invitation : 12/16
Stats are in the sticky thread

I will be there for the interview 1/08 as well! Looking forward to visiting the program. :)

I'll be there on the 8th as well! What other schools are you all interviewing at?

Hello all!

Just wondering if anyone else has an interview with George Washington University scheduled for January 8th? I'm looking forward to the DC trip (my first time exploring the city) and would love to know if anyone else will be there! :)

I'll be there too!

When did you get invited to that interview? I'm bummed that I haven't heard anything from them yet.
I received the invite on Dec. 11th. Have you tried calling?

I received the invite on Dec. 11th. Have you tried calling?
I emailed just this past week to make sure that all of my materials were in, and I was simply told that my application was complete.

Does anyone know if GW will be holding another interview day in February?

Any word from the 1/08 interview? I heard acceptances are sent out ~ 1 week later... It's going on 2 weeks now and not a peep on my end. Gahhhh :nailbiting:

Any word from the 1/08 interview? I heard acceptances are sent out ~ 1 week later... It's going on 2 weeks now and not a peep on my end. Gahhhh :nailbiting:
I just got an acceptance via email this morning!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from the 1/08 interview? I haven't heard anything, and I'm getting pretty nervous! :/

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from the 1/08 interview? I haven't heard anything, and I'm getting pretty nervous! :/

Me!! I emailed Miriam on Monday and they had just reopened after the blizzard.

She responded with a fairly generic email stating that both interview and acceptance invitations are done on a rolling basis through the Spring.

I got accepted at GW on Dec. 3 after my 11/21 interview. I put down my deposit, so as of today, I will be attending. I still have two schools I am waitlisted for, as well as one more interview and awaiting results from a previous interview, so still some potential options. The school seems great and loved the faculty that I met, but I have to say if I get in somewhere cheaper, I will be going elsewhere. I am from CA, so state schools here are about 35K cheaper plus cost of living. Anyone else thinking of attending? What do you all think of the school/living in DC?

Hey for all of you who already had an interview at GWU in January, would you mind sharing what the interview process was like?
I heard there's a group interview and an individual interview? How about dress code wise? Any advice and information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I haven't heard anything either from the 1/08 interview. At this point I'm assuming my chances aren't very good of being accepted

I got accepted at GW on Dec. 3 after my 11/21 interview. I put down my deposit, so as of today, I will be attending. I still have two schools I am waitlisted for, as well as one more interview and awaiting results from a previous interview, so still some potential options. The school seems great and loved the faculty that I met, but I have to say if I get in somewhere cheaper, I will be going elsewhere. I am from CA, so state schools here are about 35K cheaper plus cost of living. Anyone else thinking of attending? What do you all think of the school/living in DC?

I got accepted back in December as well! I put down my deposit and I do think I'll be attending :) I got accepted to a few other schools, but none that I liked better than GW. But to be honest, the cost of living and the program is.... not ideal! However, my grandparents live near DC, so I think I'll have to stay with them a bit until I figure something out. I'm from California as well, but didn't get into any of the schools I applied to here.

I don't know how many more interviews they will hold, but here's some advice:

There's a group interview and an individual interview. Honestly, they are both pretty laid back! But still try your best to give a good and coherent answer, especially in the group interview. Maybe even try to include or connect with the other two people who are interviewing with you (that may be the purpose of having a group interview). And in my individual interview, I got lucky and connected really well with the faculty member. We ended up discussing similar life and career goals. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.
Just relax and try to picture yourself at the school! It's as much you interviewing their program as it is them interviewing you. That's what I took with me throughout all my interviews at other schools as well. I asked a lot of questions to see if that program was best for me.

Good luck to all!

I got accepted back in December as well! I put down my deposit and I do think I'll be attending :) I got accepted to a few other schools, but none that I liked better than GW. But to be honest, the cost of living and the program is.... not ideal! However, my grandparents live near DC, so I think I'll have to stay with them a bit until I figure something out. I'm from California as well, but didn't get into any of the schools I applied to here.

Having your grandparents there is definitely helpful! I'm very torn on the cost/cost of living, so if it is the only school I end up being accepted to, I will have to think long and hard. The loans are kind of scary! The only CA school I had luck with was CSULB, where I am waitlisted.