Georgetown Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HolyMoly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any insight into the program at Georgetown? Btw Joey77's post about NYU was absolutely outstanding, anything along those lines would be great but anything at all is very appreciated! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have any input on this? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
its a good program overall..
small 6 residents around 4-5 calls per month and calls start at 3pm-7am
lots of big cases, gtown gets most of the tougher cases from the dc area
attendings are mostly good, grads get good fellowships
i dont think there are any fellowships in house
they will give you up to 6 months to do whatever elective you want in ur 3rd year
lots of transplants available
everything you would want in a major academic program but smaller
pm me with ?s

I know that they do hearts at Washington Hospital Center which has quite a bit of heart activity. No hearts at Georgetown Hospital, but a fair number of thoracic cases for lung, esophageal, stomach cancer. There is not a whole lot of research going on, and regional is really weak. Otherwise it seems like the residents are happy and the attendings are pretty easy going. There are CRNA's and SRNA's there. Not sure about Washington Hospital Center.

I know that they do hearts at Washington Hospital Center which has quite a bit of heart activity. No hearts at Georgetown Hospital, but a fair number of thoracic cases for lung, esophageal, stomach cancer. There is not a whole lot of research going on, and regional is really weak. Otherwise it seems like the residents are happy and the attendings are pretty easy going. There are CRNA's and SRNA's there. Not sure about Washington Hospital Center.

I'm a Navy resident from Portsmouth in Virginia. We do hearts at WHC also. It's a superb rotation.

The Georgetown residents I met there seemed happy with their program.

I applied there and ranked it pretty highly. Its a good hospital, and everyone gets good training. The sense that I got is that it isnt a very academic program. Georgetown is fun though! Basically i didnt rank it number one because nothing really stood out about the program, but there was nothing that I found wrong with the program either. Overall it seemed like a solid program