Georgetown letters???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeadoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Georgetown at the end of October and still haven't gotten a letter. They said they were meeting at the end of December--has anyone who interviewed around that time heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Here's what's going to happen. Eventually, you will get a letter putting you in the highly select catagory. Come march, they start accepting people out of that catagory based on how many body parts they would give to go to GT. That continues until class starts.

Jokes aside, they accept an extremely small amount of people early, and a ton by the above scenario. I wouldn't get my hopes up for an outright acceptance.

Originally posted by Jalby
Come march, they start accepting people out of that catagory based on how many body parts they would give to go to GT.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
wannabeadoc - I interviewed at Gtown on Oct. 31 and got an acceptance letter on Dec. 19.

I interviewed at Georgetown Nov 4th and got my acceptance letter Dec 19th. Good luck!

Hi, congrads on getting in to GT. I just have a word of advice for those of you who are heading to GT. I am a MS4 who is going through the match and while you acceptancees are very happy in getting into GT. You need to know GT is (still) not doing well financially, and their rep is rapidly dimming in the residency arena - this will be a consideration for you guys several years down the road; the GT name might not carry as much weight as it did a few years ago when you guys match. I would advise you to check out other insitutions before committing yourself to GT. But if you like GT unconditionally, it will still make a doctor out of you.

Originally posted by Da Vinci2
Hi, congrads on getting in to GT. I just have a word of advice for those of you who are heading to GT. I am a MS4 who is going through the match and while you acceptancees are very happy in getting into GT. You need to know GT is (still) not doing well financially, and their rep is rapidly dimming in the residency arena - this will be a consideration for you guys several years down the road; the GT name might not carry as much weight as it did a few years ago when you guys match. I would advise you to check out other insitutions before committing yourself to GT. But if you like GT unconditionally, it will still make a doctor out of you.

That makes the rejection letter they sent me last month seem not too bad - maybe it was really a blessing in disguise.

My good friend is a fourth year at Gtown and she said that she is getting amazing match interviews and that she thinks that she is very prepared clinically. Despite all of the financial problems Georgetown has had, it has still managed to climb in the US News rankings.

Wow. That really hurts GT. Remember that whereever you go to med school is the place that you are most likely to get the best residency due to the connections you make and home field advantage.

Unless you have a $10 billion endowment, everybody has financial problems.

I'm an undergrad at Gtown who has been doing research at the medical campus there for 2 years. Gtown does have some financial problems, and their facilities aren't the greatest, but it's still a good place to be and the med students are happy. And the M4's I know from last year placed really well for residencies.

wannabeadoc, have you heard from georgetown yet? I interviewed at the beginning of december and still havent heard back. Am I destined to be placed in the highly select category? Has anyone else interviewed at GT in december and heard back yet?

Interviewed there in late October and got my skinny envelope (rejection!) in early January.

Originally posted by mo money
wannabeadoc, have you heard from georgetown yet? I interviewed at the beginning of december and still havent heard back. Am I destined to be placed in the highly select category? Has anyone else interviewed at GT in december and heard back yet?

I just called G'town today and they said that letters were sent out yesterday (i interviewed first week in december)
so some people should be hearing some good or bad news soon....just givin the update!