Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Georgetown PBPM vs American post-bacc??

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by Gategal07, May 7, 2007.

?

Georgetown PBPM or American post-bacc?

Poll closed May 12, 2007.
  1. GU PBPM

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gategal07

Pre-Medical
    I am trying to decide between the GU PBPM or American post-bacc program.

1. Georgetown does not seem like much of a program, so I don't know how helpful the advising will be. They do not have linkages, but I don't know how important that is.

2. American has a very good adviser and MCAT prep classes.

I won't get into the details, but whichever I choose it will cost about the same for my situation.
    I don't need "hand-holding," but I like to have as many resources available as possible. However, a Georgetown program just seems like it would lead to the best opportunities.

If you vote without making any comments, it doesn't really mean much, so please add a comment. THANKS!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jonser018

Jonser018 jonser018
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have also applied and been accepted to both of these programs. I will be in DC this week to look at each campus. Its a really hard decision. They both have a good national reputation, Georgetown maybe a little more well known. I voted for Georgetown simlpy because I think it is more selective than American. American is open enrollment to anyone who graduated with a degree and earned better than a 3.2 I believe. I have not found too many people on here that know anything about American, but it seems to be a pretty good program. i have read some negative things about Georgetown's program, but it seems most of their students get into pretty good medical schools.

4. JES224

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Yea..I'm in the same situation.
    I was accepted to American, and I am deciding whether to apply to Georgetown. It would seem like Georgetown would have a better program, but it doesn't seem to be as organized a program as American's. American says they have an 86% acceptance rate to med school, so it has to be somewhat selective....

5. thebozz1975

5+ Year Member

Definitely American. Read my other posts.