Georgetown Post Bacc Pre-Med 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICU_RN

Reaction score
Hi,

I was recently accepted to the post-bacc program at Georgetown. Was wondering if anybody has insider information on the program? I’ve also applied to Johns Hopkins. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was recently accepted to the post-bacc program at Georgetown. Was wondering if anybody has insider information on the program? I’ve also applied to Johns Hopkins. Thanks in advance!
Congratulations! If you can share - statistics? When did you apply?

Congratulations! If you can share - statistics? When did you apply?
Thank you! I applied for the Summer 2021 session and I believe applications were due by Jan 15. I have two undergraduate degrees, psychology and nursing. My GPA for both was 3.6 and I’ve been an ICU nurse for the last 7 years. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Just commenting to say I'm in the same exact boat! Accepted to Georgetown, still waiting to hear from Hopkins, UPenn, and Goucher... 😬

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Just commenting to say I'm in the same exact boat! Accepted to Georgetown, still waiting to hear from Hopkins, UPenn, and Goucher... 😬
Congratulations!! Out of curiosity do all of these schools have rolling admissions? Are interviews required for Georgetown? When did you apply? Stats if you are ok sharing....

Congratulations!! Out of curiosity do all of these schools have rolling admissions? Are interviews required for Georgetown? When did you apply? Stats if you are ok sharing....
Hi! So yeah, all of them have rolling admissions but I honestly got my apps in pretty late. Due to issues with my recommenders and high school transcripts, I didn't get all of these apps wrapped up til late February. Georgetown was a much simpler application, so I had that in in January and it took about a month to hear from them. No interview required.

I majored in International Affairs undergrad where I racked up a lot of volunteer experience in early childhood education and spent 6 months teaching ESL abroad. Graduated with a cPGA 3.8 and BCPM 4.0 from a pretty prestigious private uni, but only because I took once exceptionally easy math class and that's it for BCPM. No direct clinical experience, but for the past year since graduation i've been working full-time as a disability justice advocate on transportation access, specifically safe public transit for people with disabilities during COVID.

Hope that helps!