Georgetown secondary essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NikoNLS8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering how you structured your essay. Since there are really two parts to the question (why you want to go there and how is the education going to prepare to you be a physician for the future), I am a bit confused on how to structure it. The way I am doing it is first I am saying what I like about the school or curriculum and then explaining what I will get out of it, which is pretty much the same thing as saying how its going to be prepare me to be a good physician or whatever.

are you doing the same, or are you stating what you like about the school, and then at the end of the essay saying how the education will prepare you?

Members don't see this ad.

i kind of did both. i found it easier for me to present an aspect of the curriculum/school that i liked and then saying how that would make me a good physician and then at the end when i talked more about their mission, i was more explicit and talked in a little more detail about the future. hope this makes sense. i'm sure structure doesn't matter too much as long as it's easy to read and it answers the question.

NikoNLS8 said:
Hey, I was wondering how you structured your essay. Since there are really two parts to the question (why you want to go there and how is the education going to prepare to you be a physician for the future), I am a bit confused on how to structure it. The way I am doing it is first I am saying what I like about the school or curriculum and then explaining what I will get out of it, which is pretty much the same thing as saying how its going to be prepare me to be a good physician or whatever.

are you doing the same, or are you stating what you like about the school, and then at the end of the essay saying how the education will prepare you?