Georgetown SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
medstylee said:
... to add on to that, are there certain schools that look particularly favorably upon Georgetown SMPers each year? From looking over the places past students have ended up, NYMC seems to like SMP. Does anyone else know of any others?

Thanks. See you guys in August.

a lot of people get into drexel, mcv, usuhs;

usc has taken people that did well in the program and reasonably well in undergrad...and in the mcats; they're not like nymc or drexel...but a little better than the UCs

Members don't see this ad.

FowlersGap said:
a lot of people get into drexel, mcv, usuhs;

usc has taken people that did well in the program and reasonably well in undergrad...and in the mcats; they're not like nymc or drexel...but a little better than the UCs

what would you consider reasonably well GPA and MCAT and do you know if they wait until you finish the program or they consider after 1st semester?
thanks fowler!

Another spot should open up soon ....... good luck to those still waiting to hear or on the waitlist ...

Members don't see this ad :)
hypersting said:
Another spot should open up soon ....... good luck to those still waiting to hear or on the waitlist ...

It's nice to hear that some waitlists are still moving. Man, I wish I was going to SMP :(

stinkycheese said:
It's nice to hear that some waitlists are still moving. Man, I wish I was going to SMP :(

Aw. Well, don't worry, if you still haven't heard from them, you may still have a chance. I recently talked to Ms. Cabiness and she said people are withdrawing from the class everyday and she's adding people from the waitlist everyday, so hang in there!

sg4runner said:
Aw. Well, don't worry, if you still haven't heard from them, you may still have a chance. I recently talked to Ms. Cabiness and she said people are withdrawing from the class everyday and she's adding people from the waitlist everyday, so hang in there!

Thanks, I really appreciate the pep talk! I am afraid to write to them again because I think Ms. Cabiness is getting a little annoyed with me ;) Hey, maybe the SDN-effect will work for me and I'll get hypersting's spot!

Hope so... :)

gintien said:
i believe he got off ny med

Thats not true, although I wish it was :). Tell me you heard that from someone at NYMC :laugh: .

stinkycheese ... i really hope you get my spot as well.

gintien said:
what would you consider reasonably well GPA and MCAT and do you know if they wait until you finish the program or they consider after 1st semester?
thanks fowler!
most people that got into usc could have got in there without the SMP; i guess i'm trying to say for USC, it doesn't hurt your chances to do the SMP