Georgetown vs. UMDNJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rogue990

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been accepted to both Georgetown and UMDNJ-NJMS and I'm having a little trouble deciding where to go.

Georgetown
Pro: better reputation
Con: Another 4 years in DC (I'm finishing my undergrad at Georgetown now)

NJMS
Pro: Cheaper (although cost isnt really an issue), Close to NYC (i live in NJ but right across the bridge), slight preference for being here
Con: not the same reputation as Georgetown

As of now I'm leaning towards Georgetown. To be honest, and at the risk of sounding like an dingus, I don't REALLY want to go to either school. I really wanted to be in NYC for med school, but it looks like that isn't going to work out.

Anyway, I just wanted some advice, thoughts, comments.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

This one is easy. Go to UMDNJ, rock your classes, crush your boards and get the residency you want. Have some fun, save some money. Good times.

I dont think the GTown rep is all that great. Whatever it has in terms of rep over NJMS is certainly not worth the (hundred)thousands more you'll pay to go to GT and live in the city.

Originally posted by exmike
I dont think the GTown rep is all that great. Whatever it has in terms of rep over NJMS is certainly not worth the (hundred)thousands more you'll pay to go to GT and live in the city.

id have to agree with mike here....

nj all the way.