• It's our birthday!

    Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

Georgetown

Snowboarder

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
204
0
    I just finished up a Masters degree there and took a lot of the same courses with a lot of the same professors that the med students have. I'd say I really really enjoyed 70% of the professors I had. The other 30% I disliked mostly because they all had very thick accents and poor English and did not seem to care that we couldn't understand them. While the faculty is ethnically diverse, however, the student body not so much. If you're looking for diversity among your peers or patients, you're not going to find it there.

    I have a lot of friends in med school there and they all really like the program. It is expensive, but when you're already paying $30,000 a year, what a few more grand? I've had a great experience there both as a student and a research assistant in their cancer center. Also DC is a GREAT city to live in. I'm originally from LA and while I'd be crazy not to choose a state school if I get accepted to one, I'm really going to miss DC.
     
    About the Ads

    davedavedave

    Senior Member
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Aug 29, 2003
    247
    0
      yeah this is kinda frustrating.... i have so many reasons for wanting to go to cornell, but only 200 words to describe them.... and i have no real good reason to apply to georgetown (except for my love of the location) and there's a whoollleee page to fill up.... where can we get more info on schools (other than their websites)???
       
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

      Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

      1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.