Georgetown......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applying

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just how competitive, compared to all other schools, is it to get into georgetown? i'm asking b/c i know acceptance to the undergrad program is considered pretty competitive, and was wondering if that means the same goes for their med school.

if anyone has gotten an acceptance to georgetown that took the august mcat, what was your score and your gpa? i got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago saying my file was at the time being "screened," and am now gettting anxious. any input would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

you got an email from Georgetown saying your app was being screened?? I don't think I've gotten anything from Georgetown. Maybe a postcard saying I was complete. That makes me worry. Anyone else get an email saying that they were being screened??

I'm in the same boat, I only got a post card saying my application was complete, I'm still waiting....

Members don't see this ad :)
i also got a postcard saying they have all the credentials to consider me for admission, but they were waiting for my august mcat scores. but, i acutally i should rephase what i wrote above... the e-mail said they received my varified amcas app and that my file was then being evaluated, or something to that nature. i just figured screened meant the same thing. sorry for any confusion!

Hey guys...I sent in my secondary and had my LOR's sent in in late October. I sent an e-mail to Admissions in mid December and an adcom wrote me back to say that they received all my stuff but were still waiting for my MCAT scores (i was an august MCATer). Still waiting for MCAT scores in December? Sheesh! He also wrote that my situation is not unique and that this will not affect consideration of my application (but if a school is rolling admissions it will affect my consideration b/c of fewer spots are left). But again, this year is different and everything so I guess it's still relatively early in the game. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything and I would greatly appreciate likewise from you all. Good luck to everyone! Ciao.

well, i got the e-mail saying they got my varified app in the second week of december, meaning thats when they got my mcat scores as well...good luck!