Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kuhlguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed 10/15 which was almost 8 weeks ago (7.5) and still havent heard back ... anyone from around my interview time still waiting .... im figuring itll be any day

Members don't see this ad.

So I interviewed 10/15 which was almost 8 weeks ago (7.5) and still havent heard back ... anyone from around my interview time still waiting .... im figuring itll be any day
yeah i'm definitely going crazy over this one...i interviewed a week later, 10/22, and i loved it. Ms Sullivan definitely said if it's over 8 weeks you should call her to see why and she might be able to help it along or at least tell you what's going on, so next week you should give them a call if you haven't heard. She told us it'd be closer to 8 than 6 weeks because of thanksgiving.

I interviewed nearly the same time as you, and have heard back (sort of). They sent me a waitlist letter for somebody else a few weeks ago. I guess that someone received mine and must have called admissions to tell them, and that's the only reason I got a call to confirm my status. I must be one of the few people to have been called this year by the dean of admissions to be told I was put on a waitlist. hmmmmm. I still haven't received any sort of a letter addressed to me though.

So I'd definitely call, and just mention that you've heard that they've been having trouble sending out decisions to the correct people ;) and want to check and see if a decision has been made.

Also, since you're from CA, if you have any interest in Georgetown I'd suggest that you write them a letter of interest telling them how much you like the school. My interviewer told me that on his adcom meetings they generally think that people from CA won't come to Georgetown unless they have some particularly strong attraction to the school/DC, or they don't get in to any other schools on the West Coast. This is especially relavent to people with strong applications who would likely have a good chance at many other schools. To be fair, I think they're right in my case. I'd rather go to a good UC school for half the cost, better school, better weather, closer to family etc. But if you want to play the game then a letter would be the best way to give yourself the best chance there. I did like Georgetown quite a bit. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but it didn't seem appropriate to make a totally new thread. Does anyone know how long it could take for GTown to initially review an app? I've heard nothing but silence, and I was complete 9/28. Seems like they go through most apps in about a month.

they aren't particularly speedy in going through apps. It took them 2.5 months between my completion date and being offered an interview. I know other people who were complete before me and are still waiting (with higher stats). Who knows...

but they are also not shy about rejecting people post-secondary (look at the rejection thread), so i'd say no news is definitely good news for georgetown.