Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancer7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at Georgetown mid-November and I got the infamous "highly select" letter. I wrote my letter of intent right after I found out I was on this waitlist (in January) and I still haven't heard anything. I loved Georgetown but I'm getting tired of waiting. I'm accepted at the Univ. of Rochester which I also really liked. Has anyone called the admissions office to check on their status after writting the letter of intent? I know there have been some other sdn posters who have gotten off the waitlist. I kind of want to call them which would at least show that I'm still interested but I don't want to be too pushy. I'm getting impatient! :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

Dancer7, no worries mate. They just finished reviewing the last batch of interviewees last Thurs and will be pulling a lot of people off the highly select list very very soon. Don't worry if you don't hear from them till after May 15th. Being on the highly select list means you were on at least several of the committee members' (i think there are 16) top 20 applicants list (for every 75 they review) so you still have a very good chance.

thanks for replying surfdevl -

so did anyone contact the admissions office after sending their letter of intent?