Georgia Dental Board Amendment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cschoet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As you can see from this proposal, the Georgia dental board is considering accepting the ADEX exam beginning on January 1, 2021. I’m having trouble understanding the wording and haven’t been able to get a hold of the board at this time. I took the ADEX exam in 2017 and am interested in practicing in GA.

How would you interpret the amendment, that they will begin accepting ADEX exam credentialing post January 2021 regardless of when it was taken, or that they will begin accepting ADEX exams that are TAKEN after January 1, 2021?

I hope to get clarification soon but am trying to gauge how hopeful I should be. Wishing everyone the best health during these times; thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

also curious, planning on taking mannequin in august 2020 and patient in feb 2021, will this count?

Members don't see this ad :)
also curious, planning on taking mannequin in august 2020 and patient in feb 2021, will this count?

I am in a similar situation planning on taking CITA at my school in late 2020 potentially and live patient in my 4th year. Should we hold off for manikin in spring 2020? I'm planning to move back to GA, and being at a school which only offers CITA, I'm really hoping GA actually does accept CITA starting 2021. I was dreading having to travel to another school to take CRDTS.