Georgia Position available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shouldawouldacouldas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anesthesia team approach, medical direction. Cover 4 rooms. Do about <1% of your own cases.
Must be able to get along with CRNA's. We have very cordial, cooperative, helpful, fun, and respectful relationships.
700-900 cases a month, 1-8 epidurals a day. Currently working post call, because short one MD,
but once back up to 5 MDs, get post call day off and 10 weeks off.
Work at one hospital (level II, community/regional) and one out patient endoscopy, Around 175 bed hospital.
Salary competitive. Yes, we are employees of management company, but they have been very accommodating.

Neuro: neuro surgeon on staff, but mainly spine. Very very very very rare to get craniotomy/burr hole case.
Cardiac: no hearts, but help with AICD and other cases in cath lab.
Thoracic: Wedge, lobe resections; pericardial windows; decortication. No pneumonectomies.
Vascular: CEA, peripheral, EVAR. Very rare open AAA.
Peds: healthy, bread and butter only.
OB: epidurals about 1 - 8 per day by call MD, C/S 1- 6 per day.
2021 numbers:
1400 Deliveries
560 C/S
Ortho: Standard stuff
General surgery: Standard stuff
OB/Gyn: Standard stuff
Urology: Standard stuff
MRI: Occasionally
Endo Hospital: many ASA III, occasionally ASAS IV, 4 - 14 pts per day.
Endo out pt: ASA I - II, Usually done by noon, occassionally, help in hospital after endo.
No transplants.
Misc: No CVL coverage; Yes, a-line on call coverage. Must live very close to hospital if taking call from home.

Prefer proficiency in US with blocks , catheter placement, but will train.
Nurse staff preop clinic and bring cases to us that need further elucidation.

Will consider recent graduate, but prefer MD with experience.

Thank you for your consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Salary? This should be a $550K type job in Georgia (state tax eats into W-2 income). Typically, AMCs underpay for these jobs so my guess is $475k? I would do a hard pass at $475 with AMC benefits and state tax.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I'm on average doing 3 csections and 4 epidurals a day, on top of the OR workload while on call 1:5 (guessing so if there's 5 MDs), then this needs to be north of 600k

Is call doc covering rooms and doing all the epidurals? Better to list deliveries per year rather than random ranges on epidurals and CS per day. Also helpful if you listed location or at least ballpark location.

Working post call with this acuity and volume? The pay better be baller, but I imagine it isn’t, which is why they’re one short and working post-call in the first place.

Are the current anesthesiologists making a minimum of 25% more compared to what they would be when fully staffed, and does the contract one would sign guarantee such a pay increase if the staffing shortage were to occur again?

Reactions: 2 users
Anesthesia team approach, medical direction. Cover 4 rooms. Do about <1% of your own cases.
Must be able to get along with CRNA's. We have very cordial, cooperative, helpful, fun, and respectful relationships.
700-900 cases a month, 1-8 epidurals a day. Currently working post call, because short one MD,
but once back up to 5 MDs, get post call day off and 10 weeks off.
Work at one hospital (level II, community/regional) and one out patient endoscopy, Around 175 bed hospital.
Salary competitive. Yes, we are employees of management company, but they have been very accommodating.

Neuro: neuro surgeon on staff, but mainly spine. Very very very very rare to get craniotomy/burr hole case.
Cardiac: no hearts, but help with AICD and other cases in cath lab.
Thoracic: Wedge, lobe resections; pericardial windows; decortication. No pneumonectomies.
Vascular: CEA, peripheral, EVAR. Very rare open AAA.
Peds: healthy, bread and butter only.
OB: epidurals about 1 - 8 per day by call MD, C/S 1- 6 per day.
Ortho: Standard stuff
General surgery: Standard stuff
OB/Gyn: Standard stuff
Urology: Standard stuff
MRI: Occasionally
Endo Hospital: many ASA III, occasionally ASAS IV, 4 - 14 pts per day.
Endo out pt: ASA I - II, Usually done by noon, occassionally, help in hospital after endo.
No transplants.
Misc: No CVL coverage; Yes, a-line on call coverage. Must live very close to hospital if taking call from home.

Prefer proficiency in US with blocks , catheter placement, but will train.
Nurse staff preop clinic and bring cases to us that need further elucidation.

Will consider recent graduate, but prefer MD with experience.

Thank you for your consideration.
Can you PM me more info?

Looks very busy. I know jobs get roasted on here, but this sounds like a lot of work. Hopefully MDs are compensated well at baseline, and for working post call.

“Must be able to get along with CRNAs”
This syntax says to me ‘we’ve had MDs or have CRNAs that can’t play well in the sandbox.’ Probably better reworded as must be comfortable medically directing in an ACT model. A culture of MDs globally being hands off is poor.

Reactions: 2 users
There's always a sucker. Please tell us you are gonna be making $600K plus for this job.
I mean the Csection and epidural rate makes me say hell naw!!!
Even if “north of 600” wha happens when the current shortage gets a little better? Hard pass