Georgia State Law Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petiteyes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new here.

I'm currently practicing in Chicago area and in a process of relocating to GA.
I need to take the state law exam to practice in Georgia and have no idea what the state law exam would consist of. And they only have 4 exam dates in a year!!! I guess I should have set my moving dates according to the exam dates...

Anyone from GA who took the state law exam?
Any clues what the exam will consist of?
Do you know if temporary license is available?

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Where in GA are you moving?

When I took the test in 2004 it was straightforward. Read through the material a few times and you'll do fine. It was all multiple choice. Both my wife and I passed it after only reading the material on the plane from Oregon to Georgia and then reading it once more the night before the test.

I remember some questions about fines. When you renew your license stuff like that. I think there were a few about the structure of the board as well.

No temporary licenses as far as I know. We flew out a few months before we moved just to take the test.

Good luck (if you don't already have a job I advise you to avoid America's best and Visionworks in the Atlanta region).

I'm new here.

I'm currently practicing in Chicago area and in a process of relocating to GA.
I need to take the state law exam to practice in Georgia and have no idea what the state law exam would consist of. And they only have 4 exam dates in a year!!! I guess I should have set my moving dates according to the exam dates...

Anyone from GA who took the state law exam?
Any clues what the exam will consist of?
Do you know if temporary license is available?

Thank you so much.

Thank you so much for responding!!

I will be moving to near Atlanta.
I guess there is a booklet that I need to look through :)
I havne't registered to take the exam since it's not till Nov.
Then I will know what the test will be about.

Thanks for letting me know who to avoid. I'm not a fan of them either.
So, for how long have you been practicing in GA?
How is the market there?

I was thinking to move in early September but I might have to postpond it since I won't get my license till December. That is a long time...

Where in GA are you moving?

When I took the test in 2004 it was straightforward. Read through the material a few times and you'll do fine. It was all multiple choice. Both my wife and I passed it after only reading the material on the plane from Oregon to Georgia and then reading it once more the night before the test.

I remember some questions about fines. When you renew your license stuff like that. I think there were a few about the structure of the board as well.

No temporary licenses as far as I know. We flew out a few months before we moved just to take the test.

Good luck (if you don't already have a job I advise you to avoid America's best and Visionworks in the Atlanta region).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for responding!!

I will be moving to near Atlanta.
I guess there is a booklet that I need to look through :)
I havne't registered to take the exam since it's not till Nov.
Then I will know what the test will be about.

Thanks for letting me know who to avoid. I'm not a fan of them either.
So, for how long have you been practicing in GA?
How is the market there?

I was thinking to move in early September but I might have to postpond it since I won't get my license till December. That is a long time...

No longer living in Atlanta. Practiced there off and on for four years. It is pretty easy to find work in the metro-Atlanta region. I never really looked for anything beyond a "job" so I can't say what it would be like to try to establish oneself in a career.

If you aren't able to find anything full-time you can often get a good amount of fill-in work through PRN Eye Associates.

By the way, wanna buy a condo in downtown Decatur? :laugh:

No longer living in Atlanta. Practiced there off and on for four years. It is pretty easy to find work in the metro-Atlanta region. I never really looked for anything beyond a "job" so I can't say what it would be like to try to establish oneself in a career.

If you aren't able to find anything full-time you can often get a good amount of fill-in work through PRN Eye Associates.

By the way, wanna buy a condo in downtown Decatur? :laugh:
Sorry for the late reply.
Just got your message.
So I will be moving in September but won't be working till December.
Thanks for the info on PRN Eye Assoc. I may check it out as soon as I get my GA license.
So I guess you are selling your condo?
Decatur sounds too far. I will be renting for a while. Too much work and HA with purchasing an estate.
I told myself I'm not doing that again...not for a while.

Good luck with your condo.