Geriatric resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gos81238ia

Irish med school, US residency, Canadian practice
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am an FM PGY3 just starting a 4 month geriatrics rotation. Unfortunately, our program lost our geriatrician so the rotation is being run entirely by our remaining geri PAs who are often not up to date on evidence (ie. far too aggressive with medications without proper indications). We have to go out and see nursing home patients alone and then our only option for "precepting" is with the PAs. I am looking for some good geriatric resources (books, sites, articles) other than just scouring up to date for disease management guidelines that can help me with nursing home and geriatric issues. Would like to learn geri-specific tidbits as well as keep up to date on management of complex comorbidities.

Suggestions appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I am an FM PGY3 just starting a 4 month geriatrics rotation. Unfortunately, our program lost our geriatrician so the rotation is being run entirely by our remaining geri PAs who are often not up to date on evidence (ie. far too aggressive with medications without proper indications). We have to go out and see nursing home patients alone and then our only option for "precepting" is with the PAs. I am looking for some good geriatric resources (books, sites, articles) other than just scouring up to date for disease management guidelines that can help me with nursing home and geriatric issues. Would like to learn geri-specific tidbits as well as keep up to date on management of complex comorbidities.

Suggestions appreciated!

Geriatrics At Your Fingertips 2018 | 9781886775466 | American Geriatrics Society

You will be precepted by a PA for a 4 month rotation??? This must be an acgme violation....