German Major after an MD

Started by bcone
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bcone

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm very new to this network, thought you'll could help me deliberate. Sorry the format isn't too neat

Basics: August 08 Univ. MO-Columbia - German Major, Business minor
maybe bio minor? important???
All pre-reqs completed except physics II
I got all A's in the pre-reqs except a B+ in Inorganic Chem II which was my first science class at the University Level, skipped Inorg I
Assume I'll get an A in Physics II
Just Science GPA 3.9+, however, it's unclear to me which math goes in.
do all schools consider math in your Sci GPA???
If so I got an A- in College Algebra, B in Finite and B- in Calc, all were taken when I used to be a very dispassionate business major...thus the minor. Then I had a drastic change of heart my senior year and began the pre-reqs.
so BCMP GPA ~3.7 could go up if take Animal Phys and Biochem.
I've taken all of these courses in the last 3 semesters. Phys II will be taken fall 08 post-undergrad.

Now the kicker, opposite to many undergraduate GPA is lower
cum. GPA 3.409 as of Aug 08,
If I apply for Fall 09 admissions, Phys II and whatever else I take won't be reportable will they? Considering Animal Phys and Maybe Biochem. Are they then worth taking? Or should I just take Phys. II and concentrate on doing well on the MCAT hoping to have all app material in by October 08.

Is my timeline reasonable? What are my chances for allopathic?

Again, sorry for the lack of formating. Pleased to hear all opinions.
 
this might be a bit offtopic but have you considered doing your medical school in germany? each medical school there requires a certain amount of students to come from out of country. America is a big boost and it will be easy to get in especially with your stats. also i think their medical system is much better than ours.
 
this might be a bit offtopic but have you considered doing your medical school in germany? each medical school there requires a certain amount of students to come from out of country. America is a big boost and it will be easy to get in especially with your stats. also i think their medical system is much better than ours.

I appreciate your comment, however I wonder where your info comes from. I was under the impression that it was nearly impossible for a foreigner to obtain a spot in German medical school so long as their country has medical schools of its own. The only foreign medical students that I knew in Germany. I've gathered that it's next to impossible for an American to gain entrance there. Also, I don't want to study medicine in the German language, it should be challenging enough in English. But I appreciate your comment all the same.