Germany vrs ireland residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H.lopes.H

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a portuguese medical student in charles university (prague, czech rep ) and I was thinking about taking my residency either in ireland or in germany. Language is not an issue for either. It's quite difficult to find good, updated info about the irish situation regarding residency. Ive read everything from people saying they worked 70-100hours/ week and it wasnt worth it financially to people saying this is a great country to take the specialty. Can someone explain me the pros and cons of taking the specialty in ireland? Hours per week, incentives for resarch, salary etc.

I would be very grateful!

P.s if anyone has experience in germany , an opinion would be equally fantastic!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I am a portuguese medical student in charles university (prague, czech rep ) and I was thinking about taking my residency either in ireland or in germany. Language is not an issue for either. It's quite difficult to find good, updated info about the irish situation regarding residency. Ive read everything from people saying they worked 70-100hours/ week and it wasnt worth it financially to people saying this is a great country to take the specialty. Can someone explain me the pros and cons of taking the specialty in ireland? Hours per week, incentives for resarch, salary etc.

I would be very grateful!

P.s if anyone has experience in germany , an opinion would be equally fantastic!

So did you find anything out?
I have interest in the same countries, any info would help.
thanks in advance.