get both Sternberg and Rosai?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sulfinator

Pathology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the new Sternberg last year. It reads okay. I've flipped through the 9th edition of Rosai and didn't think it read any better, so I've just stuck with Sternberg so far. Given that the 10th edition of Rosai is about to come out, is there any good reason I should get that one too? Is it just a waste of money because I already have the latest edition of Sternberg? Thoughts, anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you look at one and really, really prefer it. As far as being the "latest," any recent edition of any of the big reference texts isn't going to put you very far off. A few things change terminology fairly rapidly, but for the most part the boards are as slow about incorporating them as most textbooks. If your Sternberg is the latest edition and isn't >10 years old or so then I don't think I'd be worried from that point of view.

Agree with KC. It's either one or the other...especially if you have the recent Sternberg text. I wonder when the new Fletcher's Diagnostic Histopath of Tumors will be coming out?? That's a better buy if you already have Sternberg...