GET OFF SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ms.2:30

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I just finished my DATs today and surprisingly I knocked that thing out of the park. I will not be doing any long a** breakdowns yet I will say this.

I studied mainly from BC and didn't really even touch destroyer. I personally thought destroyer destroyed my confidence which you really need here! Not to say it won't prepare you very well if it's your style, just not my style. PAT on actual was pretty on par with BC if not harder. The test is fair.

I scoured SDN during my study and this is the same as what most people said. I just want to add please please just get off SDN. It's just not really a fair representation of the general "average" population and it will only drive you crazy with the hysteria of "OMG I'm gonna do so bad" blah blah.... Because I know it did for me. You don't want that.

Shut out the noise and just keep grinding. You get what you put in. That is all. There's no secret.

PS: I just want to give a shout out to my dog for being the best study buddy a girl can ask for during these past few weeks.

IMG_4465.JPG

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations, enjoy the rest of your summer! Your dog is super cute, my dog has also been my study buddy through all of this so I totally get it. :)

I studied mainly from BC and didn't really even touch destroyer. I personally thought destroyer destroyed my confidence which you really need here! Not to say it won't prepare you very well if it's your style, just not my style. PAT on actual was pretty on par with BC if not harder. The test is fair.

I scoured SDN during my study and this is the same as what most people said. I just want to add please please just get off SDN. It's just not really a fair representation of the general "average" population and it will only drive you crazy with the hysteria of "OMG I'm gonna do so bad" blah blah.... Because I know it did for me. You don't want that.
View attachment 237500

OMG Thank you!

I have thought every single thing you just posted like literally 30 times to myself. I spent a lot of time looking for a breakdown geared towards working parents and didn't find anything that helped me plan out some sane, logical study schedule. But I did absolutely find a trove of posts that drove me up the wall. My personal favorites are the ones where the OP is worried that they won't get in anywhere with their 3.85 GPA and 24 AA

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! So I just finished my DATs today and surprisingly I knocked that thing out of the park. I will not be doing any long a** breakdowns yet I will say this.

Shut out the noise and just keep grinding. You get what you put in. That is all. There's no secret.

PS: I just want to give a shout out to my dog for being the best study buddy a girl can ask for during these past few weeks.

View attachment 237500

Not being on SDN for weeks leading up to my test was a HUGE help. Stopped the comparison game and just wanted to focus on my goals. Couldnt agree more!!

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think it's necessary that everyone get off SDN before taking their test. Some people thrive on competition and feel inspired by high scores, rather than, "driven crazy with hysteria".

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think it's necessary that everyone get off SDN before taking their test. Some people thrive on competition and feel inspired by high scores, rather than, "driven crazy with hysteria".

I don't think OP was telling everyone to lay off SDN. I think the post was intended for those of us in the 18-20 AA bracket. I'm getting ready to deploy overseas and have kids, so two and a half weeks between missions was LITERALLY all the time that I had before taking the DAT. I thought my spouse was going to put me in a headlock if I tried to back out of taking it. For me the pressure to get it right on the first time was excruciating because I knew I probably only had one shot in the next 18 months due to life and career.

I agree with your opinion of Destroyer, for the most part. Much harder than the DAT and crushes your confidence, if you are short for time.