Get Rejected in Style

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brent8927

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was surfing the web on how to politely turn down a job offer and I thought this was too funny not to share.

I changed the letter a tad so it's more relevant to pre-meds, and on the slim chance that the names/addresses/etc. were real in the original, I've changed those as well. But I was always taught to cite my sources and give them credit (I definitely didn't think it up!), so the original link is at the bottom...

Feel free to change or add to it to make it better :)

Charles de Gaul
Dean of Admissions
543A Arby's Hall, Taco Bell Medical School
Chipotle, MO 12345

Dear Dean de Gaul,

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a first year position in the class of 2013.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Princeton Medical School’s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not needs my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of first year medical student in your incoming class this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants,

Sincerely,
Winston Churchill

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32390/The-Ultimate-Rejection-Letter

Members don't see this ad.

welcome to the internet :)

watch out for lolcats, rickrolls, and failboats

Fighting the temptation to send one to Drexel.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol hilarious... can we do that? just for fun? or do they take actions against it.

I am scared to be put on a blacklist....and get my acceptances rescinded.

I was surfing the web on how to politely turn down a job offer and I thought this was too funny not to share.

I changed the letter a tad so it's more relevant to pre-meds, and on the slim chance that the names/addresses/etc. were real in the original, I've changed those as well. But I was always taught to cite my sources and give them credit (I definitely didn't think it up!), so the original link is at the bottom...

Feel free to change or add to it to make it better :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32390/The-Ultimate-Rejection-Letter

You know, telling Taco Bell Med School about how Princeton's rejection wasn't up to snuff isn't going to score you any points.:laugh:

damn i could go for some taco bell right about now. i love their new commercials. every time one comes on, its like hey! another thing in this world i could probably afford

You know, telling Taco Bell Med School about how Princeton's rejection wasn't up to snuff isn't going to score you any points

Lol--true!

I originally wrote the letter for Princeton Medical school, since it doesn't exist (except on House). But then I thought Taco Bell Medical School would be more fun.

Plus, I was pretty hungry at the time! (Can you tell?--Arby's Hall, Taco Bell Med, the city of Chipotle...) :)

damn... chipotle, arby's has sick curly fries

Lol--true!

I originally wrote the letter for Princeton Medical school, since it doesn't exist (except on House). But then I thought Taco Bell Medical School would be more fun.

Plus, I was pretty hungry at the time! (Can you tell?--Arby's Hall, Taco Bell Med, the city of Chipotle...) :)

Yes, I could tell. AND NOW I'M HUNGRY. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

...Please?:cry:

lalala

Last edited:
Yes, I could tell. AND NOW I'M HUNGRY. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

...Please?:cry:

Unfortunately all I have is dairy products right now, and I don' think you want me to mail those out...

But now I think I'm going to go buy a burrito after I take my dog to the vet (for a nail trim--my pooch is fine and happy! :))

Hilarious.... if anyone actually did this ...

No, refuse the temptation to do that. You want it end civily and either call them and explain that you've already received an offer and let it go at that. You want to be a doctor, act like one.

No, refuse the temptation to do that. You want it end civily and either call them and explain that you've already received an offer and let it go at that. You want to be a doctor, act like one.

I'm a bit confused as to whether you're suggesting we tell a school we were not accepted to that we were accepted elsewhere; to me that seems unprofessional and a bit rude.

However, I would definitely agree it would be quite unprofessional to send a letter like the one I posted--I posted it entirely because I thought it was funny and would never recommend anyone ever send one.

...But, if someone out there does decide to be...

A) Brave
B) Very very brave
and
C) A bit unprofessional (but still with a sense of humor)....

... then please let us know how the letter was received!

I'm a bit confused as to whether you're suggesting we tell a school we were not accepted to that we were accepted elsewhere; to me that seems unprofessional and a bit rude.

No, if you were rejected by a school, you don't need do anything. You're wasting time and postage by sending them a letter like that.

But if you were already accepted by several medical schools, then call up the ones that you don't plan on attending and let them know that you're not attending their school. You're freeing up a spot for someone else by doing that.

Don't do anything brave or unprofessional, you don't know how sending a letter like that can come back to bite you in the a** when you apply for residency or a job after residency.

lol I love it.

man, I still think this is hilarious!!! If I become an adcom and see a letter like this from a student... i would accept him/her immediately - just for his/her bravery.. lol