Get to know each other

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aidan

Res Ipsa Loquitur
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow pre-DO'ers :p.

You all seem like a tightly knit bunch, but I'm sure there's a few of us that are unfamiliar with the other people in this forum. So for starters, hi..! My name is Aidan, and I'm an alco.. oh wait. My name is Aidan, and I live in Southern Cali. I'm also at the end of my first year major in Psychology, planning to continue on to a DO or Ph.D./D.O. MSTP program. So.. go on, introduce yourselves!:idea::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello fellow pre-DO'ers :p.

You all seem like a tightly knit bunch, but I'm sure there's a few of us that are unfamiliar with the other people in this forum. So for starters, hi..! My name is Aidan, and I'm an alco.. oh wait. My name is Aidan, and I live in Southern Cali. I'm also at the end of my first year major in Psychology, planning to continue on to a DO or Ph.D./D.O. MSTP program. So.. go on, introduce yourselves!:idea::thumbup:

as a fellow souther californian i figured i'd do the honors of responding first. i'm from san diego (there are a few san diegans floating around) and am a kines major at occidental college in LA. i'm an osteopathic hopeful 2013! yay! i am almost done w/ my app (just finishing touches on personal statement) and will be ready to submit. I am waiting for MCAT scores which will be in end of this month. i was a psych minor but some weird stipulation happened and I cant be a minor anymore (lame story). okay i think thats a sufficient introduction. any quesitons just ask!!

welcome to the pre osteo forum!!!

p.s. stay away from beachblondie. she is from so cal too and is totally a stalker!

as a fellow souther californian i figured i'd do the honors of responding first. i'm from san diego (there are a few san diegans floating around) and am a kines major at occidental college in LA. i'm a kines major and osteopathic hopeful 2013! yay! i was a psych minor but some weird stipulation happened and I cant be a minor anymore (lame story.

welcome to the pre osteo foruM!!!

I grew up in San Diego! Well, Poway actually. I loved it there, wish I still lived there! I'm in Riverside now, it's... definitely not SD. That's very cool about Kinesiology, my co-worker is a Kinesiology major and Pre-DO as well. :D:D Thanks for the introduction, and nice to meet you! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
My name is Leah, and I'm a San Diegan--if there's not a self-help group for that, I'm going to be thoroughly surprised.

I'm a student at SDSU, and if you're wondering, yes I CAN hook you up with cocaine ;) I'm a non-science major (film, television, and new media production), but am seriously considering orthopaedic surgery whence I attend med school.

And, finally, because all we ever banter about is medical school stuff: I surf, run, play golf, lacrosse (for SDSU), volleyball, football, swim, basketball, and snowboard. I also rebuild cars and have a penchant for making lewd jokes at inappropriate times.

My name is Leah, and I'm a San Diegan--if there's not a self-help group for that, I'm going to be thoroughly surprised.

I'm a student at SDSU, and if you're wondering, yes I CAN hook you up with cocaine ;) I'm a non-science major (film, television, and new media production), but am seriously considering orthopaedic surgery whence I attend med school.

And, finally, because all we ever banter about is medical school stuff: I surf, run, play golf, lacrosse (for SDSU), volleyball, football, swim, basketball, and snowboard. I also rebuild cars and have a penchant for making lewd jokes at inappropriate times.
Dude!!! My BEST friends growing up (Linwood & Brandon Mackey) were involved in that cocaine bust!! It's horrible, haha.. which frat was that again?? Alpha Chi or something? :scared: Anyway sorry, it's very nice to meet you, and that's great about the non-science major :D (I hear non-science is a good thing, too?)

FLASH UPDATE:

Don't listen to RySerr21. I don't think I should say anything about it, but because I want you to be wary, he's addicted to meth.

;)

giving out real names and locations sort of defeats the purpose of an anonymous internet forum. you know some adcoms/students (who may interview you) do read SDN...

just food for thought.

giving out real names and locations sort of defeats the purpose of an anonymous internet forum. you know some adcoms/students (who may interview you) do read SDN...

just food for thought.

Thanks for the warning, but this isn't my real name. I'm undercover, yo!

just food for thought.

They have a good sense of humor. They know we're kidding.

Hi. My name is Matt. I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm really unsure what I'd like to do in medicine, but I'm sure I'll end up there eventually. I come from a family of Nurses, P.A.'s, and Doctors, so it's completely inevitable.

I'm going to school for my B.S. in Psychology. Currently, I'm at a community college, but hoping to transfer down to Indianapolis and attend IUPUI. I figure, there's a ton of research and shadowing opportunities there so why not.

My interest lies mainly in Neuropathology, and Neuropsychology. I'm getting ready to basically re-do my first year of college for my undergrad degree. There was loads of drama which caused me to fail (see: stop going) 7/9 classes. Which means, I'm also in a lengthy battle with the dean to attempt to get my F's to W's. So any advise on that would be amazing. I honesty hope that I'm early enough into my collegiate career that I can still become successful and have a shot at a high ranked med-school.

Now, the non-medicine things..I enjoy reading, Philosophy/Religion related things mostly, working on my car, fine mens fashion, and debating politics with friends over coffee. Over-all, I'm young and like to have fun; but I know when to be serious. Kind of.

They have a good sense of humor. They know we're kidding.

Eh I suppose it would have to be a one heck of a streak of bad luck to be singled out by an adcom, but I can definitely see the possibility of it happening.

Just don't give out your real contact info if you plan on doing any school bashing here! ;):laugh:

Hi. My name is Matt. I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm really unsure what I'd like to do in medicine, but I'm sure I'll end up there eventually. I come from a family of Nurses, P.A.'s, and Doctors, so it's completely inevitable.

I'm going to school for my B.S. in Psychology. Currently, I'm at a community college, but hoping to transfer down to Indianapolis and attend IUPUI. I figure, there's a ton of research and shadowing opportunities there so why not.

My interest lies mainly in Neuropathology, and Neuropsychology. I'm getting ready to basically re-do my first year of college for my undergrad degree. There was loads of drama which caused me to fail (see: stop going) 7/9 classes. Which means, I'm also in a lengthy battle with the dean to attempt to get my F's to W's. So any advise on that would be amazing. I honesty hope that I'm early enough into my collegiate career that I can still become successful and have a shot at a high ranked med-school.

Now, the non-medicine things..I enjoy reading, Philosophy/Religion related things mostly, working on my car, fine mens fashion, and debating politics with friends over coffee. Over-all, I'm young and like to have fun; but I know when to be serious. Kind of.

Hi Matt. It's good to meet another Psych major - now we can talk about experimenting on rats and making nerdy psychology jokes:D

i guess ill share my non science interests. despite what beach blondie believes, i do not do meth. i'm really active with sports so i surf in the summer, snowboard in the winter, and i played college football for a year and have been playin college rugby for 3 years too. i also play tennis when i am home for the summer/winter breaks. those are pretty much most of my non science interests...i could go into favorite movies, books, tv shows, but ill leave that for that later!

i was never up in Poway much. I went to Patrick Henry. We did play Poway High in la crosse, which was always fun b/c they were legit and beat everyone like 30-0. so yea, good times. whered u go to high school?

Members don't see this ad :)

My first year of college was also a waste and has been a boat anchor on my GPA. Still, I've been accepted at one school and waitlisted at two others. If you can't get the grades changed, don't panic. The important thing is to show improvement by doing well in the more recent classes.

i guess ill share my non science interests. despite what beach blondie believes, i do not do meth. i'm really active with sports so i surf in the summer, snowboard in the winter, and i played college football for a year and have been playin college rugby for 3 years too. i also play tennis when i am home for the summer/winter breaks. those are pretty much most of my non science interests...i could go into favorite movies, books, tv shows, but ill leave that for that later!

i was never up in Poway much. I went to Patrick Henry. We did play Poway High in la crosse, which was always fun b/c they were legit and beat everyone like 30-0. so yea, good times. whered u go to high school?
I left Poway right after middle school, my sister was at Poway high at the time. I went to high school in Riverside.

Whats up everyone, I guess i should introduce myself since i have been browsing around here long enough and have started posting. I go to school at UT in Austin where i am also an athlete, but really wish i was out in San Diego with all you other folks, the Olympic development center out there is amazing.

I am a Kinesiology major and definitely leaning towards DO, really who even looks at the pre-allo threads, although if i really had my way i would just be a beach/snow bum my whole life but i guess i have to do something right.

lots of san diagons, rad. i'm nikola, another san diego native, heading to NYCOM this fall. in the winter i drink lots of coffee and snowboard. in the summer, i drink lots of coffee and surf. and that whole serbian dancing thing i do. but yeah, that's pretty much it.

Whats up everyone, I guess i should introduce myself since i have been browsing around here long enough and have started posting. I go to school at UT in Austin where i am also an athlete, but really wish i was out in San Diego with all you other folks, the Olympic development center out there is amazing.

I am a Kinesiology major and definitely leaning towards DO, really who even looks at the pre-allo threads, although if i really had my way i would just be a beach/snow bum my whole life but i guess i have to do something right.

It's great to meet you! Haha, don't we all wish we could be bums..oh well! C'est la vie :p

lots of san diagons, rad. i'm nikola, another san diego native, heading to NYCOM this fall. in the winter i drink lots of coffee and snowboard. in the summer, i drink lots of coffee and surf. and that whole serbian dancing thing i do. but yeah, that's pretty much it.

Hi Nikola..yay for San Diego! Congratulations on the acceptance to NYCOM! Coffee is always good..always. Nice to meet you

This thread is a great idea, if not disgustingly cute..nice work :)

Hey everyone, I'm Angel Nolastname. I'm from Southern Cali as well, although I've never even been to SD (but I did pass thru on the way to Mexico:D). I'm from a little place called Norwalk, CA (15 minutes from L.A.) I went to undergrad in Nashville and got my B.A. in Psych. Now I'm in Charlottesville, VA wishing I wasn't:laugh:

Hi Nikola..yay for San Diego! Congratulations on the acceptance to NYCOM! Coffee is always good..always. Nice to meet you

thanks, i'm very excited. albeit a bit nervous... never lived on the east coast before. i was looking for something called adventure, applying to med school helped me find it.

when are you applying?

thanks, i'm very excited. albeit a bit nervous... never lived on the east coast before. i was looking for something called adventure, applying to med school helped me find it.

when are you applying?

East coast isn't that bad. I went to school in Boston for a couple years. Good times. Definitely a young town.

New York will be a blast.

This thread is a great idea, if not disgustingly cute..nice work :)

:) Thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm Angel Nolastname. I'm from Southern Cali as well, although I've never even been to SD (but I did pass thru on the way to Mexico:D). I'm from a little place called Norwalk, CA (15 minutes from L.A.) I went to undergrad in Nashville and got my B.A. in Psych. Now I'm in Charlottesville, VA wishing I wasn't:laugh:

Hi Angel, I know of Norwalk. Got plenty of friends in the LA area. Are you in VA for medical school now?

when are you applying?
I know, it's definitely a big step to leave everything you know behind and go somewhere else, but a great adventure I also look forward to taking! I'm at the end of freshman year, so not applying until June of 2010. :)

What sport are you? Given your name, I'm guessing either track or cross country.

I used to work with Todd over in DL8 (the year before we built the new facility over by Erwin) with Men's Basketball. We went to the final four that year. Fun times.

I also have a kinesiology degree from UT.

East coast isn't that bad. I went to school in Boston for a couple years. Good times. Definitely a young town.

New York will be a blast.

thanks for the perspective. i know that New Yorkers aren't some kind of swamp monsters that are waiting to bite my head off, but i have bumped into a few that have a tougher skin then i have. maybe all those years of san diego sun is frying my brain :cool:

i'm def looking fwd to the change, though. how was boston?

What sport are you? Given your name, I'm guessing either track or cross country.

I used to work with Todd over in DL8 (the year before we built the new facility over by Erwin) with Men's Basketball. We went to the final four that year. Fun times.

I also have a kinesiology degree from UT.

Haha yeah i do both track and cross country, I'm surprised you made the connection with the name though, nice. I don't know Todd, we work with a different weight coach but I have done more sit-ups than i could ever wish to count up in DL8.

So how is Bubba these days? Still grumpy as ever?

And does Lance Hooten still do anything with you guys? Or what was the other guy's name? I keep thinking Trey, but I don't think that's right. He did track and swimming, and maybe some other stuff.

Good idea for a thread. I am sort of new to SDN and haven't really posted much yet, just kind of reading and finding a lot of good info.. I am from Ohio and I am going to be a junior in college this coming fall. I plan on taking the MCAT next spring applying to med school at this time next year. Nice to meet everyone!

I Wish!!!! I am applying this cycle
Ohh, I see! Good luck to you this cycle, I'm sure you'll be fine! :thumbup::p

Good idea for a thread. I am sort of new to SDN and haven't really posted much yet, just kind of reading and finding a lot of good info.. I am from Ohio and I am going to be a junior in college this coming fall. I plan on taking the MCAT next spring applying to med school at this time next year. Nice to meet everyone!
Hi James, thanks for your intro and it's nice to meet you as well! Enjoy your break before fall! :D

the pre osteo forum doens't accept cheeseheads...no one told you?? if you are just a favre fan, thats somewhat tolerable...but if its the whole team, thats enough to get banned.

Anyone else out there lurking around?

the pre osteo forum doens't accept cheeseheads...no one told you?? if you are just a favre fan, thats somewhat tolerable...but if its the whole team, thats enough to get banned.

Can't deny it, I'm a fan of the whole team, who's your team?

if you are a fan of the Packers, then you gotta know by now that he's a Bears fan. And you call yourself a rivalry:rolleyes:

Gpan - good guess, but i'm actually just a bitter 49er fan. I've seen the 9ers lose to the packers too many times. the 1998 playoff game is dear to my heart (i was 12 years old). i definitely cried when terrell owens caught that ball. awesome game.

Gpan - good guess, but i'm actually just a bitter 49er fan. I've seen the 9ers lose to the packers too many times. the 1998 playoff game is dear to my heart (i was 12 years old). i definitely cried when terrell owens caught that ball. awesome game.

But do you remember the call earlier in that drive with Jerry Rice....?

I'm Bacchus, live in the city that is home to a great wealth of med knowledge and I enjoy the outdoors and indoor spinning. I just submitted AACOMAS tonight and applied to 8 schools.

But do you remember the call earlier in that drive with Jerry Rice....?

my memory escapes me. :p

dont feel too bad, we lost the next weekend anyway!

my memory escapes me. :p

dont feel too bad, we lost the next weekend anyway!

Hah yeah it's all good. I used to be a '9er fan also, that is until TO started ruining the team. Steve Young was a great player.

I'm Bacchus, live in the city that is home to a great wealth of med knowledge and I enjoy the outdoors and indoor spinning. I just submitted AACOMAS tonight and applied to 8 schools.

Hi Bacchus, how exciting submitting AACOMAS finally after all these years of work :) Good luck to you, and nice to meet you! :)

I'm Katatonic, I mostly just browse the Pre-Allo, Pre-Osteo, and Pathology forums. I plan on applying next summer to both MD and DO schools if everything goes according to plan. I'm in the rainy Northwest and never want to leave haha, it's great up here.

Hah yeah it's all good. I used to be a '9er fan also, that is until TO started ruining the team. Steve Young was a great player.

I used to be a niner fan, then a packer fan, now I am just a SEAHAWK fan. Ok I guess I am more of a Holmgren fan. hahaha

TO, Ha! he ruined the Eagles, too. Now, he's where he belongs....Dallas!

i seem to recall the team falling apart AFTER he left... *sigh*

hate his personality/attitude, but no one can hate on his game. he is the most entertaining player in the NFL.

Terrell Owens? He is a pain in the ass, and he's on TV constantly here now because he plays for the idiot Cowboys. I think he led the league in dropped passes last year too.

I'm a reapplicant. I am the loser who didn't make it in this last application cycle. What else....I am from Missouri, non trad student. I graduated from college 3 years ago. I just returned and finished my last few prerequisites that weren't required for my degree (physics and biochem). I am anxiously awaiting my MCAT score after retaking it - the scores should be released on Tuesday. :eek:

That's about it with me. If I don't get in this year, I am going to get my BS in nursing and then move on to become a nurse practitioner. Good luck to everyone this year :)

:luck: