Getting 2ndaries this time around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herewego

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the process of getting secondaries this time around.

I'm verified by AMCAS and everything, but only a very small number of schools this time around have sent me their secondaries. My original MCAT that I'm applying with is a 29, so I don't think I'm getting screened out. Last year around this time I had a tooon of secondaries in my mailbox.

The only thing different this time is I marked that I was retaking the MCAT (took it the 18th), and won't get my score till August.

My question is do schools wait for a 2nd MCAT score even before sending out their secondaries???

Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the process of getting secondaries this time around.

I'm verified by AMCAS and everything, but only a very small number of schools this time around have sent me their secondaries. My original MCAT that I'm applying with is a 29, so I don't think I'm getting screened out. Last year around this time I had a tooon of secondaries in my mailbox.

The only thing different this time is I marked that I was retaking the MCAT (took it the 18th), and won't get my score till August.

My question is do schools wait for a 2nd MCAT score even before sending out their secondaries???

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, they'd wait until they get your second score through AMCAS if they're screening. If they're not screening, they should send you secondaries within a day or two them getting your verified primary. So my question to you is when was it verified?.. If you were JUST verified.. wait few days and if nothing happens... call individual schools and see what's up

Really? Even though my first was a 29? Bah.

I was verified maybe 2 weeks or so ago.