Getting a pet while in Vet school

Started by Biomajir
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Side note, my vet school friends all wanted me to name the pup Addison (or Addy) so she would be Addison Shepherd (like Grey's) but I was too afraid she'd get Addison's dz.

So her name is Bryce.

Haha, I love it. You should start a thread of "medical reason's not to name your pet something". My dog's name is Splat. If people ask if it's short for something I tell them it's short for "Cisplatin Splats Cats and 5-FU Does Too". Of course I didn't learn that little mantra until after I named him.
 
Haha, I love it. You should start a thread of "medical reason's not to name your pet something".

We always have that discussion at work (especially when an animal comes in named Lucky!)!

On a related note my dad is a doctor and wouldnt allow me to be named or have initials of anything medical related...so i guess it logistically would transcend the animal field too!
 
So, I think I'm going to be rescuing another cocker spaniel this summer. She's special needs, because she has TERRIBLE ears (she's almost deaf because she had so many infections in the past). I reread this thread, and think it might be okay, but I was hoping for some reassurance that I'm not completely crazy to get another dog -- especially as it will essentially be me doing the primary care, on my own (until I get a nice boy who likes me and my dogs and doesn't mind walking them; see previous posts re: dentists/doctors/lawyers/MBAs 😀). Ah, but she looks really cute: http://www.cockerrescue.net/cockersavailable/cockers.html

okay. Obvisouly I'm planning on getting another dog instead of studying and writing my paper. At this rate, I'll have like 200 dogs after all the vet school exams! 🙂

Thoughts??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This was the summer between my sophomore and Junior year of high school. You're making me feel old.
I was in college then and I haven't even started vet school yet... :oldman:
I make everyone feel old! The worst part is that everyone calls me an egg, but @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo is younger than I am and she gets away unscathed!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll just disappear now
Hahahaha you think you can get rid of me? Good luck.

b3f49db0540a3db509b3bb2cf916ae20.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad