Getting Classes Removed from transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollo#1585...

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Like many people, I have changed my major multiple times (technically 3 times, but really twice) from Computer Science to Business to NUKIN to just KIN. I am also transferred from my original school to my current one.
Anyways, I did my first two semesters at a school in TX as a CS major where I did NOT do well. Programming obliterated me. One of the classes I had to take was an "Intro" IT class that was being taught for the first time that semester I took it. Long story short, I was able to drop my Programming class without consequence but couldn't drop the IT class and remain full time. I ended up failing it and transferring schools the next fall. During my time as a Business Major, Accounting was my Achilles Heel and got a C and a D in Acct 1+2. Has anyone had any experience getting those types of things removed from the transcript? Or should I even worry about it since it was pre-KIN and has nothing to do with PT? Getting those grades removed is a difference of about .16 GPA points.
I see some other forums regarding this in other parts of SDN and I'll look into those but I'd appreciate some feedback from DPT's/DPT students

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to check your with your school's course forgiveness program, if they have any. Some schools will replace grades IF you retake courses and some will eliminate courses from transcripts if you had extenuating circumstances like hospitalization, immediate family death, etc. Just an FYI though, if you struggled with an IT course and accounting, you may find PT school a bit challenging.

Why would they remove courses from your transcript? I'm sure most of us have at least one course that we would like to have removed from our transcript that negatively affects our GPA. This may come off as harsh, but you are stuck with the grades you earned.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can tell you about the luck I didn't have dropping courses. I started 2 online courses one semester. Then, I had some issues accessing the courses (I was active duty military at the time, I was supposed to have internet connection where I was but I didn't. This was kinda back in the old school day where you had to "attend" class online via chat since the real class was actually happening at some campus. Then I had to watch VHS videos for part of the class too....and I also didn't have access to a VHS player) Anyway, in the school's own policies, it stated that if you fail to do any work in an online course in a certain amount of time, you would be automatically disenrolled from the course. So I took the easy road and just did nothing assuming I would be disenrolled, (I assumed I wouldn't get a refund, but I didn't care). Well, I took 2 Fs in those courses. And they were both biology courses, 4 credits each, so they absolutely KILLED my GPA. (and science GPA).

I did everything I could in the 2 years I applied to PT school to try and fix that transcript somehow (called everyone, wrote letters, emailed). Unless you JUST finished the course (within weeks of finishing) you are going to have a near impossible time correcting anything. The gradebooks close on the courses and many schools will not adjust them (and teachers won't remember the situation in detail enough anyway to adjust). I didn't take any more courses at that school either. *****I would have retaken the courses though if that school had replacement policies (there are a few schools who will actually replace the grade on your transcript). In my school's case, both courses (failed and retake) would still be on the transcript so it wasn't worth it to go back to that school for a non pre req course.

My best advice is retake any pre reqs you don't have an A in (that's higher priority than addressing the non prereq classes you did poorly in). You could also choose to address it in the PTCAS section about if your GPA reflects your ability (I addressed mine in that section). Then if your GPA is still low, take other recommended courses to boost it up.

^04/05 Afghanistan. I enrolled in correspondent courses because the unit's education officer told me there will be Internet. Yeah...14.4 Kbps satellite uplink. Got the "failed to upload file" error almost 3-4 times an attempt and it took forever. Those courses did not end well. Had a dozen angry guys lined up behind me every time I tried to upload work or take quizzes waiting to use the email. And to be honest, I had ops to support, hitting the books was not a priority.

Reactions: 1 users
well. First off thank you for your service. :bow:
Second, my situation seems much more insignificant comparatively lol

well. First off thank you for your service. :bow:
Second, my situation seems much more insignificant comparatively lol

If it was me, I would not even worry about those courses unless you can have them replaced. Looking forward, concentrate on areas you can polish up now.