Getting Cosmetic Surgery during Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vboteju

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The program I am at has about a 2 week break later this year. I am considering getting a rhinoplasty during this time. I believe there is still somewhat of a stigma for getting this procedure as a guy. How big of a no-no is this (assuming that I recover fine and don't let it affect my day-to-day responsibilities)? For what it's worth, it would be fairly noticeable since I do have a deviated nasal axis.

Members don't see this ad.

The program I am at has about a 2 week break later this year. I am considering getting a rhinoplasty during this time. I believe there is still somewhat of a stigma for getting this procedure as a guy. How big of a no-no is this (assuming that I recover fine and don't let it affect my day-to-day responsibilities)? For what it's worth, it would be fairly noticeable since I do have a deviated nasal axis.

I know a couple people that got rhinoplasty for cosmetic reasons during residency. Wasn’t a big deal, but it is obvious with the bruising and splints you have to wear post op.

You could always say you have breathing issues, and that’s why you’re doing it. Not that it really matters.

Reactions: 2 users
I know a couple people that got rhinoplasty for cosmetic reasons during residency. Wasn’t a big deal, but it is obvious with the bruising and splints you have to wear post op.

You could always say you have breathing issues, and that’s why you’re doing it. Not that it really matters.

Agreed for the most part, so long as it doesn’t detract from your duties do whatever you like. If I had to cover your call because you got a Fing nose job, however, let’s just say I wouldn’t be thrilled.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
People take time off for dumber crap all of the time. Just don’t make it a habit.

I had a trauma come in once. Young guy in his 20s after a MVC. His hand was hanging off the gurney while everyone was trying to line him up, get vitals, etc. I leaned over to ask him a question and his hand grazed my butt unintentionally. He was like “oh, sorry”. I said “don’t worry about it.”

Then he asked, “can I do it again?”

Reactions: 6 users
I had a trauma come in once. Young guy in his 20s after a MVC. His hand was hanging off the gurney while everyone was trying to line him up, get vitals, etc. I leaned over to ask him a question and his hand grazed my butt unintentionally. He was like “oh, sorry”. I said “don’t worry about it.”

Then he asked, “can I do it again?”

Lol. I think you meant to post this in the other thread. Unless this is a lead up to how you got butt implants.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
So I’m really confused here. I thought surgery only allowed the best of looking of people into its ranks. How did OP manage to sneak by?

But in all seriousness I don’t think anyone in your program is going to care. Be prepared though to have all the nursing floors find out faster than you think. And they don’t forget. Cheers bruh.

Reactions: 2 users
So I’m really confused here. I thought surgery only allowed the best of looking of people into its ranks. How did OP manage to sneak by?

But in all seriousness I don’t think anyone in your program is going to care. Be prepared though to have all the nursing floors find out faster than you think. And they don’t forget. Cheers bruh.

Compensated with my humble personality, high Step I, being 8 inches etc etc ;)

102459480-97780722.530x298.jpg

?

Maybe you can entice him into bed before your surgery with that schnozz of yours

I feel like if you also got a set of breast implants while they're doing that rhino, your fellow residents would be more apt to forgive you. And I think that's true even if you're a guy. Food for thought.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like everyone’s fantasies are coming to light.