SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Getting discouraged by the GPA requirement :(

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Whale2018, Nov 28, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Whale2018

Whale2018

Aug 12, 2016
    Albany, NY
    As a student who struggles a lot. I find myself asking the most important question. Will Graduate schools accept me? I just transfer from a community college with a 2.70 and trying my best to get to a 3.0 this semester. I found out that pharmaceutical science is a long shot for me. I'm retaking Organic Chemistry 1 and about to fail physics again. Should I still pursue this career? Since Penn State (Dream school) doesn't have a pharmaceutical science program. The closest is the University of Michigan. What should I do to achieve my goal to get a 3.0 or higher? The reason I choice pharmaceutical science is because of my love of chemistry. This career I could put all the knowledge I love into the career and create drugs that could one day cure something and understanding how the body reacts.

Also, is pharmaceutical science saturated like pharmacy?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. PashaOdesit

PashaOdesit Nobel Prize Recipient Gold Donor Classifieds Approved

Feb 4, 2017
    Siberia State
    This is pre-medical forum.

4. DrDwayneJohnson

DrDwayneJohnson

Aug 20, 2016
    This is a pre-med forum, so I'm not sure we can give you the best advice. Career aspirations aside, I would suggest you go to our institution's learning center and trial new study methods. If you failed a class before and try the same method again, you can expect roughly the same result. The key to physics IMO is practice practice practice and understanding the labels and basis of formulas. Orgo is a little different. Either way, I suggest you focus on changing your study habits to improve your information retention/recall.

@WedgeDawg maybe this schould move into a different forum?

5. Whale2018

Whale2018

Aug 12, 2016
    Albany, NY
    Oh, sorry guys. Can someone move this forum to the pre-pharm?

DrDwayneJohnson likes this.
  6. WedgeDawg

WedgeDawg on rotations, may not respond, sry Moderator 5+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Moved to pre-pharm