Getting discouraged by the GPA requirement :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whale2018

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a student who struggles a lot. I find myself asking the most important question. Will Graduate schools accept me? I just transfer from a community college with a 2.70 and trying my best to get to a 3.0 this semester. I found out that pharmaceutical science is a long shot for me. I'm retaking Organic Chemistry 1 and about to fail physics again. Should I still pursue this career? Since Penn State (Dream school) doesn't have a pharmaceutical science program. The closest is the University of Michigan. What should I do to achieve my goal to get a 3.0 or higher? The reason I choice pharmaceutical science is because of my love of chemistry. This career I could put all the knowledge I love into the career and create drugs that could one day cure something and understanding how the body reacts.

Also, is pharmaceutical science saturated like pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

As a student who struggles a lot. I find myself asking the most important question. Will Graduate schools accept me? I just transfer from a community college with a 2.70 and trying my best to get to a 3.0 this semester. I found out that pharmaceutical science is a long shot for me. I'm retaking Organic Chemistry 1 and about to fail physics again. Should I still pursue this career? Since Penn State (Dream school) doesn't have a pharmaceutical science program. The closest is the University of Michigan. What should I do to achieve my goal to get a 3.0 or higher? The reason I choice pharmaceutical science is because of my love of chemistry. This career I could put all the knowledge I love into the career and create drugs that could one day cure something and understanding how the body reacts.

Also, is pharmaceutical science saturated like pharmacy?
This is pre-medical forum.

This is a pre-med forum, so I'm not sure we can give you the best advice. Career aspirations aside, I would suggest you go to our institution's learning center and trial new study methods. If you failed a class before and try the same method again, you can expect roughly the same result. The key to physics IMO is practice practice practice and understanding the labels and basis of formulas. Orgo is a little different. Either way, I suggest you focus on changing your study habits to improve your information retention/recall.

@WedgeDawg maybe this schould move into a different forum?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, sorry guys. Can someone move this forum to the pre-pharm?

Reactions: 1 user