Getting from a 32 to a 36 in Two Weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stiffany

Hurry up and wait...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So we have two weeks until the real deal as of Saturday. For my last two practice exams, I scored a 32 (AAMC 9) and then an 11 in each science section (didn't take the verbal for AAMC 5R). What should my game plan be if I want to edge up a few more points before the real deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Go from an 11 to a 15 in PS. It should be do-able since that's the only section where I think you can study hard enough and actually get a 15. Most of the info they test you on isn't that much relied upon the passages like VR and BS.

I totally agree with improving PS, definitely the least convoluted with passage junk.

hahhaha i might say the opposite and say PS is calculation based and to get your hands on as much biology as possible and make that climb. i've done that and i've found that the reason i keep getting straight 11s and 12s in bs isn't b/c i'm missing bio questions(with the exception of the lame what germ layer am i in ones) is that i miss like 75% of the orgo questions and i've been getting FLs dense with orgo. so if you are an orgo chief, then zone in on the details in Bio.

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
All I will say is that in the wise words of a friend of mine "Don't get discouraged by your practice scores. Look at the tests to understand your weaknesses and improve upon them but don't dwell on the numerical score you achieved because if you learn from your mistakes and stay confident, then you'll do well on test day."

This particular friend never got higher then 32 once on 5R and mostly averaged 28-30 mroe often then not 28-29 on Kaplan full lengths and the other aamc tests.

She ended up with a 35R with a breakdown of PS 10 VR 11 and BS 14

I have a friend that also achieved similar results. He did not break 30 on his practice AAMC's until the week before the MCAT. On the real thing in April he got a 34 (PS-11 BS-14 VR-9).

I jumped 4 points on the actual...all in BS and PS...by studying content...idk how much vr can change, but i didn't focus on that myself