Getting Honors in Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fowler54

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice on getting honors in anatomy? I didn't do that great in my previous classes (passing and high passing with no honors) and am determined to do well in anatomy to compensate for my previous poor grades. I'm hoping I haven't killed my chances at a competitive residency and I really don't want to end up being a terrible doctor.

Members don't see this ad.

Any advice on getting honors in anatomy? I didn't do that great in my previous classes (passing and high passing with no honors) and am determined to do well in anatomy to compensate for my previous poor grades. I'm hoping I haven't killed my chances at a competitive residency and I really don't want to end up being a terrible doctor.

What makes you think getting a pass and high pass has killed your chances? Stop being paranoid/neurotic.

To get honors in anatomy you just have to memorize your butt off. For the practical portion make sure you can ID everything on your cadaver and then make sure to go to other tables and constantly have them point out different structures to you.

For the written portion I would recommend a book like BRS Anatomy to help focus your studying on important points.

Not getting honors doesn't mean you'll be a terrible doctor.

And yeah, what Mace said, study your ass off.

This is where the thread derailed itself.....

office_space.jpg

jump%20to%20conclusions%20mat%202.jpg