1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

getting in.......

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by dipesh, Jun 25, 2001.

1. dipesh

dipesh New Member

hey everyone I just graduated from Boston U. and finished with a 2.7 GPA and had MCAT's of 28. I messed up my first two years and made improvements. Is there any chance for me to get in to a DO school? I know soe have minimums of 2.7 and some 2.5.....Please help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. molecular-bio guy

molecular-bio guy Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would either retake the classes to raise the GPA (this only works if your school will remove the original grade) or take classes to 'pad' your GPA up some. If you take advanced classes, such as immuno, biochem, molecular genetics (kinda partial to that :D ), then they will probably look at the recent trend in your grades.

You didn't say about your science GPA, which is as equally (maybe more) important as the cumulative GPA.
    The MCAT scores are good, but the 2.7 is going to hold you back a little. You could still get interviews and just sell yourself crazy!!!
    Good luck!
    later :)

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    mbg is right.... sci gpa and cum gpa is different and can factor into your chances of an interview/acceptance... some osteo schools don't accept or grant students interview if you don't have a sci and cum gpa of at least a 3.0

5. Gay Focker RN

Gay Focker RN Member
    7+ Year Member

wow, a 2.7 is really low. I would take a year to do some post bach work to raise that gpa to at least a 3.0 overall and science.

6. gower

gower 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

What did your advisor at BU, Dr. Zamansky*, have to say when you asked him this question?
    It is not too late to ask even if you graduated.

*Preprofessional Advising Office B2, 725 Commonwealth Ave., 617 353 4866
    FAX: 617 353 6907 [email protected]