getting in.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dipesh

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone I just graduated from Boston U. and finished with a 2.7 GPA and had MCAT's of 28. I messed up my first two years and made improvements. Is there any chance for me to get in to a DO school? I know soe have minimums of 2.7 and some 2.5.....Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

I would either retake the classes to raise the GPA (this only works if your school will remove the original grade) or take classes to 'pad' your GPA up some. If you take advanced classes, such as immuno, biochem, molecular genetics (kinda partial to that :D ), then they will probably look at the recent trend in your grades.

You didn't say about your science GPA, which is as equally (maybe more) important as the cumulative GPA.
The MCAT scores are good, but the 2.7 is going to hold you back a little. You could still get interviews and just sell yourself crazy!!!
Good luck!
later :)

mbg is right.... sci gpa and cum gpa is different and can factor into your chances of an interview/acceptance... some osteo schools don't accept or grant students interview if you don't have a sci and cum gpa of at least a 3.0

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, a 2.7 is really low. I would take a year to do some post bach work to raise that gpa to at least a 3.0 overall and science.

What did your advisor at BU, Dr. Zamansky*, have to say when you asked him this question?
It is not too late to ask even if you graduated.

*Preprofessional Advising Office B2, 725 Commonwealth Ave., 617 353 4866
FAX: 617 353 6907 [email protected]