Worried about getting in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanol2025

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing my undergraduate degree this year and applying to medical school this Spring. I did my degree in 3 years instead of 4 hence why I'm applying in the coming Spring, so I'd have all of my sciences done before the MCAT. I am very worried about not getting in next cycle.
My GPA is a 3.45 and my sGPA is a 3.5. I have clinical research, thousands of hours of clinical work as a COVID vaccinator, vaccine site lead, EMT, and medical assistant, and plenty of shadowing. My GPA is a lot lower than a lot of my premed peers who have 3.7's to 4.0's. If I do not get in this coming cycle I will be applying again, but I also need to consider when is the right time to do something else like PA or scrub tech which would take a few years of school (I wouldn't be giving up on being a physician, just doing that for the time being), and when I should be thinking about the Caribbean if at all. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

you haven't even taken your MCAT yet, don't go to the carribean period.

Reactions: 1 users
Your gpa is def fine for getting into DO schools as long as you get a 500+ on the mcat

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.