Getting Into An Independent Plastics Spot?

Started by Moola
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Moola

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering what was the acceptance rate for people applying to plastics independent positions for last year? I am going to start an ENT residency at a place which has its own independent plastics fellowship. Yes, yes, i know that I will be at a disadvantage applying as an ENT resident rather than GS. I accept that. Despite this, the chief of plastics at my place is a craniofacial guy and I would hope that he would give me some leeway.

What i wanted to ask is how do I maximize my chances of getting a plastics spot? Should I start doing research with the department and start schmoozing in intern year? What are the most critical factor in picking applicants? Do places usually give in house preference? Thanks.
 
Didn't you just ask for advice in the Family Medicine forum because you "didn't match" this year?
 
Tres sharp Priority Med. My friend was new to SDN and was using my account.