Getting into Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aczerniak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a recent graduate (psych. undergrad) and have decided P.T. is what I really want to do with my life. (I've given it a lot of thought, trust me).

So, since I haven't taken the appropriate pre-res, I need to do this and plan to over the next 3 semesters at a Chicago community college. I also am starting to shadow but don't have many hours yet. I had a 3.2 in undergrad and my combined GRE score was a 290 (revised test) with a 4.0 on the writing.

My plan is to apply to as many DPT programs as possible when i'm done with all pre-reqs but ideally, I would finish what needs to be taken for Rosalind Franklin and apply there next cycle rather than holding off until 2014. Do you think this is practical? I don't want to be taking shortcuts, I just would rather start DPT school sooner rather than later.

Thoughts? Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Most programs allow you to apply while still having a few prereqs left to complete, so it definitely doesn't hurt to try to apply earlier. However, the benefit of getting more prereqs finished before applying is that you will also raise your cumulative GPA (if you do really well in the classes). Also, I'd suggest retaking the GRE to try getting 300 or above combined, as many schools consider that the minimum. It would definitely increase your chances of an acceptance.

Thanks! I have definitely been thinking of retaking the GRE since my scores aren't particularly stellar.