getting off stanford's waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vyc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
are any of you on here stanford students who got off the waitlist?

i'm wondering what i should do in order to get off? i'm DYING to go there. it's my first choice, without a doubt.

i'm going to write a letter. should i also send another recommendation? should i be emailing the letter directly to the admissions dean? or just snail mailing it?

help please!!

Members don't see this ad.

im waitlisted there too. you can't do anything. they specifically say they dont want any updates, nor do they reevaluate you. you have been assigned a score and rank that is set in stone. don't call until june, when the waitlist is finalized and they have everyone in place. if you call then, they will tell you if you have a chance in hell. typically 0-20 get off this list each year, but this year it seems like stanford waitlisted every interviewed applicant that didn't get in. long story short_ don't hold your breath on this one.

who did you get your info from?

bc i heard that you can at least send a letter.

I was waitlisted about a month or more ago, and Choker's info is the same info I've heard, other that Patricia from the admis. office replied in an email that a letter-of-interest is acceptable.

When I was there, they said that in past years movement off the waitlist was anywhere from 0-15. It appears also that no one has been outright rejected post-interview and thus I second Choker's suggestion: "Don't hold your breath."

Good Luck