Getting off the waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lukeday99

Nooby
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not at all sure whether this thread already exists, but here goes:
How does one get in off of the waitlist? What is the proper combination of sychophantism, general ass kissing, and further application embelishment? In all seriousness, I know alot of people get in off of the waitlist. The question is...How? Help would be appreciated. Any adcom out there, I'd love your help. I'm worthy, really.

Members don't see this ad.

generally, the schools just put you on the waitlist after you interview if you're not accepted, unless they really don't like you, then they reject you. Other schools, like Sinai, specifically ask you if you want to be placed on their waitlist. The key to getting off most waitlists is massive brown-nosing...i.e. showing a lot of interest in their school by sending updates and writing things specific to their school that you like. a letter of intent tends to help a bit too. good luck. good luck to me too. :D

OK, so how does one tip toe around an LOI? What is the best way to write it? Is it binding? And, not to be paranoid, but do the med school communicate enough that once an LOI is out to a particular school, you shoot your chances at another school? Oh, for this all to be over...........+pity+