Getting out of IM and into Radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geex

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey how's going everybody. I've never added a thread to this forum and I have found the information posted here very helpful in the past.

Currently in categorical internal medicine program and I have just started my internship year. Everything is going well, but I have already started to feel that maybe Internal Medicine is not my cup of tea. I don't know if I could do it for the rest of my life.

I have been interested in Radiology but thought that it would be too competitive for me to get into since I'm an IMG.

But I would like to get some input from you guys about the possibilities and procedures of a person getting out of internal medicine and applying for Radiology. Have you guys ever known or heard of people doing so?

I'm thinking about applying through ERAS again this year. Or trying to find some spots that may open up come next summer. I guess the ideal thing would be to do a year of intership and then get start into Radiology, but I don't know if this is possible. Or I may have to take a year off and start in 2005.

I would really appreciate some help from you guys.

Members don't see this ad.