Getting out of prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that is already a pharmacy student or is soon to become a pharmacy student in the fall ever been able to talk their way out of any non-science prereqs?
As most of the people on here do, I have a bachelors and there is a class or two that I really don't want to have to take in the summer (for financial reasons etc.) if there is some way to get out of it.
Thanks in advance for any responses...they are much appreciated :D

Members don't see this ad.

take them at a community college (very cheap!!!!!!)

What kind of non-science pre-reqs are you talking about? The only two that are coming to mind are communications and economics. I'm pretty sure you can get an exemption from the communications course if you had a similar class in undergrad or maybe if you currently have a job that requires regular presentations.
As for economics, a class like that seems like it would be harder to get out of since there really is no other way to be knowledgeable of the topic.
I know one of my friends didn't have a couple of the non-science pre-reqs, so he had to take two classes at a JC while attending pharm school full time Fall semester.
So I guess it all depends what the exact pre-reqs are and your individual school's rigidity of sticking to the pre-reqs. Just call up the admissions secretary and I'm sure he or she will know the answer.