Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just for some background as to why I'm posing this question: I'm very interested in craniofacial surgery but I'm not entirely fond the idea of having to do 5 years of gen surg.
My question is this: I've heard on numerous occasions on this forum that it is easier to match into plastics from gen surg as opposed to ENT or ortho. Does anyone have an idea as to how true this is?
Also, this might be a bit of a stupid question but why are some plastics fellowships 2 years and others 3? Do the 3 year programs have a year dedicated to research? Are you forced into the 3 year programs from ENT because your background in surgery outside the head and neck is probably not as strong?
Any clarification would be appreciated, thanks!
My question is this: I've heard on numerous occasions on this forum that it is easier to match into plastics from gen surg as opposed to ENT or ortho. Does anyone have an idea as to how true this is?
Also, this might be a bit of a stupid question but why are some plastics fellowships 2 years and others 3? Do the 3 year programs have a year dedicated to research? Are you forced into the 3 year programs from ENT because your background in surgery outside the head and neck is probably not as strong?
Any clarification would be appreciated, thanks!