Getting really discouraged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sangria

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm getting really discouraged. Within the last week i received only bad news, esp. getting waitlisted post-interview at the school i thought i had the best shot at and getting rejected pre-interview that I thought I would at least give me an interview. Basically, I feel like if I got the boot from those too, what are the chances I will get in anywhere? My stats are definitely not to blame, so something must be terribly wrong with my secondary essays or my LORs. Or my ECs
F my life
(sorry, just a little rant)

Members don't see this ad.

You and me both. The interview I thought I did the best at gave me a waitlist.

could be how you interview..

Members don't see this ad :)
Do not worry too much as of yet; many of the people I know who applied last year were accepted and are attending schools for which they received interview invites in February/March.

That said, though, remember to have a Plan B. I personally got lucky enough to find a job at the last minute when I realized I wasn't getting in anywhere, but you shouldn't follow my example. Plan ahead!

Good luck! :luck:

Don't give up yet. I understand the discouragement part though, but it's not over until it's over. I agree with fizzle to have a plan B. But remember we have 3-4 months until the last day for interview invites, so hang tight and keep your wailtist school updated.

Keep your head up. A waitlist is much better than a rejection. You never really know where you have a good chance or not. You may get accepted by a school you thought would be a long shot and get rejected from all your safety schools.

well some advice you probably already realized now is that this whole process is suppose to discourage you. it's suppose to make you stronger for what comes next. there are so many obstacles during this journey that will make you fall far...its all about picking yourself up.

maybe taking some time off and getting mentally/emotionally stronger is what you need. im taking years off before i start med school...who knows, i may never start it haha

why not make millions of dollars and help improve education policy instead?

do it do it do it

Last edited:
Hang in there Sangria.

actually, Q: how old are you?