GI fellowships for old graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pece

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am IM BC, completed transplant hepatology fellowship hospitalist now. Can anyone help with name of US hospitals who sponsor GI fellowship with condition that you have to practice for certain no of years. Does anyone know Canadian GI fellowship programs by which you can practice GI in US too.
It's not practical for me to go through the traditional route which I have already tried.

Thanks.

Pece

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what you're asking here. Unaccredited hepatology fellowships aren't an effective back door into GI anymore. Everyone plans to work after fellowship. The match is the way in.

The Canadian GI route is super competitive for their own graduates, the best advice is to go in the match. The program you might of heard in Canada which allows for certain individuals to get a position based on the merit of return of service to the community is all based on if the position for GI fellowship in that certain province is unfilled after the second iteration. But once this happens the money allocated for that program is diverted in the General Internal Medicine route.