GI journals for manuscript submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reggiano

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non-IM resident here, interested in submitting a colorectal cancer-related manuscript (case series) to a GI/colorectal cancer journal. By 'interested' I mean my attending asked me submit to a GI journal. If I had to guess, because our case series is interesting but not unique to my field (OBGYN) but could be educational to colorectal folks.

I have absolutely no sense of what the top vs medium tier journals in GI are. I briefly searched impact factors on Google and tried to select some journals I might have a chance of publishing in... I was wondering if anyone could tell me how ambitious or reasonable sounding these journals are. And any TIPS on GI/colorectal journals friendly to resident research would be HIGHLY appreciated!!

-Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology
-Clinical and Experimental Gastroenterology
-BMC Gastroenterology
-BMJ Open Gastroenterology
-Current Gastroenterology Reports
-Colorectal Disease
-Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology
-Clinical Colorectal Cancer
-Current Opinion in Gastroenterology
-Diseases of the Colon and Rectum

Members don't see this ad.

No one really cares about the impact factor of a case series. Just submit it to the World Journal of Gastro and move on.

What is it regarding?

Reactions: 1 users
No one really cares about the impact factor of a case series. Just submit it to the World Journal of Gastro and move on.

What is it regarding?
This