GI journals for manuscript submission

Started by reggiano
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

reggiano

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Non-IM resident here, interested in submitting a colorectal cancer-related manuscript (case series) to a GI/colorectal cancer journal. By 'interested' I mean my attending asked me submit to a GI journal. If I had to guess, because our case series is interesting but not unique to my field (OBGYN) but could be educational to colorectal folks.

I have absolutely no sense of what the top vs medium tier journals in GI are. I briefly searched impact factors on Google and tried to select some journals I might have a chance of publishing in... I was wondering if anyone could tell me how ambitious or reasonable sounding these journals are. And any TIPS on GI/colorectal journals friendly to resident research would be HIGHLY appreciated!!

-Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology
-Clinical and Experimental Gastroenterology
-BMC Gastroenterology
-BMJ Open Gastroenterology
-Current Gastroenterology Reports
-Colorectal Disease
-Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology
-Clinical Colorectal Cancer
-Current Opinion in Gastroenterology
-Diseases of the Colon and Rectum